Prologue

September 2020

September 2020

"Sorry we're late!" I sing, dragging Savannah behind me as we enter Chris' cabin only three hours after the high school party was due to start.

"Thought you weren't coming!" Ben, one of the football players, grins as he spots us, grabbing a glass of punch from the side before handing it over to my best friend. A small glare from me has him turning, grabbing onto another glass and swiftly handing me some alcohol.

"Becky couldn't decide on which dress would make a better impression on you all." Savannah smirks as I shrug. It's the truth, I can't deny a single word. These idiot boys are heading off to college, none of them having sampled what I have to offer, and what better way to rub it in than to wear something that'll have their pants tight in no time.

"I certainly won't be forgetting that one in a hurry," Ben replies, glancing over my choice of dress.

"Then I chose correctly." I grin, lifting the glass to my lips and taking a sip of the heavenly drink, savoring the way it burns as it travels down my throat.

"Sav!" Zara suddenly appears beside us, "Becky, wow!"

"Thank you!" I retort.

"I thought you would never get here!" Zara exclaims.

"Tell me about it." Savannah rolls her eyes before glancing around the room. "Where's Georgia?"

"I'm not sure, she's around somewhere," Zara replies, craning her head to analyse the room as Ben disappears into the crowd with another guy. My two best friends continue to scan the area for Georgia as I sip my drink, not caring to look around for the girl who has never seemed to like me.

"Wow!" A sudden exclamation has me looking up, the dark haired, blue eyed Ellis strutting over, eyes wide as he takes in my mini-dress. "Becky, are you sure you don't wanna head upstairs? One time before I go off to college?" He offers, a teasing grin on his face, the arrogant jock never giving up on his attempts to talk me into bed.

"The offer is tempting Ellis." I can't help but smirk, masking my emotions in order to not let him know that I mean every word, "But knowing that you want me, but can't have me is enough."

"You drive me wild," Ellis retorts, his voice low as he leans against the wall, his eyes still pinned on me with an awestruck look. I'm nearly hooked, the way his gaze roams my body almost causing me to forget my goal and dragging him into the nearest bedroom.

"I aim to please." I manage to force out, his eyes stopping on mine, their blue glow almost mesmerizing, pulling me in, my lips parting involuntarily. Wait... what the fuck?

"Alright then! Here's a couple more drinks girls!" Ben interrupts, my eye contact with Ellis gone as I fix my gaze on the tray in Ben's hands. Reaching for the shot closest to me I quickly fling it down my throat, chastising myself in my head for being a fucking idiot. Ellis knows what he's doing, his game is almost as good as mine, yet I nearly fell right into his trap.