Chapter One ~ March 2028

"What do you think you're doing?" I ask the guy sprawling across my bed sheets butt naked as I pull on a robe.

"Getting comfy?" he replies in an obvious tone.

"Why though?"

"Uhh... it's late and..."

"And what?" I scoff. "We went out for drinks. You didn't even offer to buy one round. I brought you back to my place so I could have sex and now you think you're staying the night?"

"You don't kick someone out after..."

"Yes I do," I retort. "We have nothing in common. The date is over."

"The date may be over but we could definitely try for round two." Richard grins, sitting up and pulling my covers further over him.

"No thank you," I mutter, turning to my closet and grabbing a pair of shorts.

"Why not?" He groans before a loud ringing fills the room, and he quickly answers his phone. "Mom? Yeah, I'll be home in the morning. No. Okay."

I turn back to face him as he places his cell back down. "You said you lived in a studio?"

"I... I do," he stutters and I roll my eyes.

"Please get out."

"Look, I'm sorry! I don't have a job, I didn't have the money to pay for drinks..."

"Whoa, whoa whoa!" I hold up my arm to stop him in his silly attempt of an explanation. "For starters you told me you are a chef. Secondly, you could have been honest before we racked up a bill of over seventy-five dollars. And thirdly, the only reason I brought you back here was so that I could enjoy myself, and you fucked that up too."

"I did not!"

"Did I cum?" I retort, watching as his mouth opens and shuts, no sound leaving it. "Kindly get the fuck out of my house."

I watch as he forces himself up, quickly getting dressed before he finally leaves the room. I follow, eyes focusing on his form before the door slams shut behind him.

"He was a vocal one." The voice of my roommate comes from the couch. I smirk, turning to look at Savannah as she bites into a cookie, Netflix playing in the background. I slouch down beside her with a groan, shoving my head into my hands.

"He was awful," I mutter and she chuckles.

"You need a boyfriend." She argues. "A good decent man that you have a connection with. They're the best."

"I'll take your word for it," I retort, shaking my head at her suggestion. As always I ignore her ridiculous words, knowing that I have everything I'd ever want in my life right now. Savannah and I have managed to withstand the brutal test of time and stay best friends throughout college and into adult life, the two of us then shacking up together in an apartment in the city.

I have her, we still speak with Zara, and I have my family back in Edgewater Valley where we grew up. Why would I need anything other than the casual, delightful selection of men to use whenever I choose?

"What are you watching?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Bad Neighbours."

"Has Zac taken his shirt off yet?"

"No."

"Then I'm here for all the good parts," I say with a grin, slouching down beside her.

"So your date was a complete bust?" she asks, handing me a cookie.

"Yeah." I pout. "He lied about where he lived and his job all to get me into bed. Little did he know, he didn't have to do any of that."

"Maybe you'd enjoy the sex more if you had a connection with one of these men?" Sav replies.