Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Jareth stood in a room he had once thought he would never stand again. It was no longer a shattered mess. No, it now looked as beautiful as it had when Sarah had first walked in all those years ago. The sheer fabric once again dropped the crystal chandeliers. He had removed the pillow pit. He didn't need her running this time because she doubted his intentions.

Everything was ready for the guests who would be arriving soon. Hopefully, all would go well tonight. Yes, it was sort of a trap, but how else could he talk to her. She was hiding from him somewhere. Finding where Sarah was hiding was much more important than the cat-goblin working in the Kitchens.

Nodding, he looked around. Everything was as ready as he could make it. Now it all hung on Sarah.

XOXOXOX

Hoggle stood in the garden looking at Sir Didymus, "why didn't you tell her? Didymus. Sarah needs to know about this."

Didymus hung his head slightly, "I did not mean to hide it from M'lady. I forgot His Majesty said the ball was for her."

Hoggle groaned "I've ah gota tell her. She's got to know that she has to attend. If she doesn't attend we'll be the laughing stocks of the entire Underground!"

Didymus raised his head, "I will leave it to thee." He bowed to the dwarf and quickly left.

Sighing, Hoggle glanced up towards the Castle. He slowly lowered his head before opening gate and started heading towards the Kitchens. It was up to him to save the reputation of the Goblin King, and he had to hurry.

XOXOXOX

The High Queen hid herself in the throne room of the Goblin King. She wasn't quite ready to make her appearance. Too bad her husband couldn't attend, but she wasn't going to missed this.

Of course, when the girl finally made her appearance, she would be sure no one got in the way. Her son had to fix the problem he had caused, but it wasn't like she wasn't helping already.

She chuckled a bit as she walked over to the massive window. The Labyrinth looked so much better, since the girl had returned, much like when she had come here herself all those years ago. Why hadn't he noticed the small changes? Was he too deep in his depression or had he been too busy preparing for this to notice? The girl would have a lot of work to do, but the High Queen had no doubt that she would have Jareth back at work in no time.

Sighing, she moved away from the window and began to make her way to the ballroom. It was all up to the girl now. So much hung on her, and she didn't even know it.