Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Standing next to the window, High Queen Evera did her best to hide the smile wanting to appear on her face. Her son could be so sweet, when there was something he wanted, and now he wanted some alone time with his fiancee. He couldn't exactly have that, but she could give him sometime with Sarah without his parents.

Evera quickly conjured a crystal, and then she blew it out the window. Hopefully, he wouldn't be too angry, but Hoggle was the only person she could think of who could deal with the two of them.

Sighing, she turned away from the window. The few who would cause problem were being quiet, which made her worry. She still remembered the problems she had faced when she had married Diedrick. Sarah wouldn't have it easy, but she would be better prepared than she had.

Taking a deep breath, the High Queen of the Underground walked out of the Library in search of Sarah.

XOXOXOX

Jareth frowned at the note he had received from his father. A chaperone. He wanted to toss the note into the fire, but that wouldn't get rid of the problem. There would be a chaperone at the dinner he wanted to have with Sarah.

He had hoped to try and get Sarah alone to try and discover where she was hiding. Jareth believed he had every right to know where his mother was hiding her. He was no fool. Yes, there some Far would try to harm her, but he wasn't one of them. He would protect Sarah. He didn't need his mother protecting his future wife.

Now that was still two loaded words. There had been times over the last weeks he had awoken to think it was a dream. Sarah was actually going to marry him.

Taking a deep breath, he began to pace his old room. He still had to finish the final touches for the dinner with Sarah, but he still didn't know how to deal with the chaperone.

That matter still angered him. Who had his mother asked to be Sarah's chaperone ?

XOXOXOX

Sarah tilted her head slightly as she listened to the High Queen.

"My son is requesting that you dine with him tonight."

Sarah frowned frowned at her. Why was that such a big deal. It seemed like such a small thong really. "Isn't that a good?"

Queen Evera sighed, "yes, but he and you are not allowed to be alone together; thus I've requested the aid of a chaperone."

"I see nothing wrong with that, but I have a feeling he isn't too happy."

"Well, of course not. He wishes to try and get out of you where you're hiding."

"I know he won't be happy to learn I've been right under his nose, but shouldn't we just tell him? He is not going to hurt me, at last no physically.

Evera nodded, "true, but not yet. I don't have a place for you stay till the wedding. Also, it is not a bad idea for you to learn more about running the Castle. Which reminds me, I need to send word to Olivia about getting up into the maids out of the Kitchens for a bit. I'm sure Louie will be fine without you for awhile."

Sarah frowned. That wasn't exactly what she wanted to hear. "Who's Louie?"

Evera smiled, "did I let that slip out. He won't be happy with me now, definitely. Louie is the chef, my dear. No one calls him by his name much anymore. Well, except for a few. I wonder if that son of mine has learned his name yet."

"I don't think so, Ma'am."

Evera nodded, "now about the chaperone. I've asked someone that you both know. I also highly doubt that neither of you will be too happy with my choice, but I knew he wouldn't mind doing it. Also, I'll give him a crystal, in which I'll place a spell to stop my son from trying anything."

"Wouldn't Jareth be able to counteract it?"

Evera shook her head, "don't worry. He won't be able to do anything. I didn't warn him at all about any of the protective matters I'll be taking."

What protective matters was she talking about? What had Queen Evera so worried? How bad could a dinner date go? The worst she could think of was actually that bad. Sarah was more worried about who had been asked to be the chaperone. Who would be willing to chaperone the two of them?

XOXOXOX

The crystal, Queen Evera had blown out the window, gently floated through the opened window of a tiny cottage inside the Labyrinth. It landed gently on the small kitchen table and transformed into a lovely little letter, well depends on what lovely is to you. The letter sat there gently moving with the breeze from the window, till finally the occupant of the home came to find it sitting oh so lovely on his table.

"What does she want now?"