Chapter 37

Chapter 37

What had happened in the two days shehad been gone? It looked like all hell had broken loose. The Cookwas running from one area to another. He had Sarah watching over theovens as they backed meat pies and had her watching over the soups. It was truly a mad house, and now she wouldn't get another rest daytill who knew when.

If she met the person, she well didn'tknow what would do to them. Sweat continued to pour off of her. They were going to pay one way or another.

"Jenna, I need you to go get a freshsupply of vegetables."

Sarah nodded as she moved away from thesteaming pots, "anything we need in particular?"

The Cook shook his head, "no, we needeverything."

Quickly grabbing two baskets, Sarahmade her way out of the hot kitchens to the closest exit to theGardens. Hopefully, Hoggle had harvested a good amount already. Sheneeded to get back as soon as she could. The Castle Kitchens werealmost feeding the entire kingdom now. Sarah wasn't sure how manystill roamed the Labyrinth freely. Even Hoggle was staying at theCastle now.

Rounding the corner and nearing thefence of the Gardens, Sarah stopped. Hoggle and the other gardenersstood outside the gates with empty crates.

Hoggle looked up at here, "sorry,Jenna There's nothing ready." Sighing, he shook his head, "wedon't even have anything in the stores either."

Sarah frowned. She couldn't ask ifJareth knew because of the others, but this was bad. Really bad. With no vegetables, they only had bread, but that was slowly beingdrained, too.

Hoggle looked at the other gardenersbefore walking towards her, "I'll go with you to tell the Cookmyself. Can't allow you to be yelled at cause we need more time."

Sarah nodded as he walked past her. She then followed after him. Once they were out of sight, shewhispered, "does he know?"

Shaking his head, Hoggle whisperedback, "no. I'll tell him after I speak wit the Cook. This isbad."

"I know."

As they reached the stairs leading upto the Castle, Hoggle stopped and looked at her, "have you seen himtoday?"

Sarah shook her head, "not yet. Hesent a note down to the Cook saying not to send any meals up to himuntil further notice. That worries me."

Hoggle raised an eyebrow, "so he'skeeping you away now. That's not good."

"There's no way I can sneak off totalk to him either."

Nodding, Hoggle glanced around them,"well, let's get at least the first half done. I'll see if I canconvince the Cook to allow you to come with me to tell him."