1

Alonzo

I flipped through the two pages of information on this Aurora King woman. It didn't make any sense to me that she just popped up 2 months ago out of nowhere. I kept bringing it up to my dad but he would just say 'Who cares about her? You want Curtis right?'.

He could be so cold and robotic sometimes it annoyed me.

"This just doesn't make sense," I said to myself.

"What doesn't?" Lorenzo asked me.

"She popped up out of nowhere, and she's a fucking DON. She's way out of this guy's league" I looked at the picture of her and then handed it to Lorenzo.

Lorenzo was a real head case and I hated working with him, but I wanted to show my dad I could do this. He always sends me away to 'Learn about the world' but I think that's just code for getting the fuck out of my face.

Everyone annoys my dad, I only see him smile when he talks about my granddad he won't let me meet. Even then it's brief and I have to catch him doing it.

"She's fucking hot," Lorenzo said and tossed the folder back on the dashboard "Let me take her for a ride-"

"No. Fucking weirdo. We're here to observe. That's it"

"Matteo said to get the information and kill her-"

"I don't give a fuck what he said. This is my operation and I say we observe her first" I pointed to the folder "Something not right about that, people just don't pop up"

"Maybe she changed her name because of Curtis? He owes a lot of fucking people"

"Well if it wasn't for you we wouldn't be in this situation would we?"

"I did run his name. Nothing came up so I let him in" He shrugged.

"You're a fucking idiot."

"Why even is a DON here this late anyway," Lorenzo said "Isn't management supposed to leave at 5 or some shit?"

"I don't fucking know"

"Maybe she supervises? Might be a hard ass"

"Maybe" I pointed at her coming out of the building and rolled the window down a little.

"Bye, guys! Call me if you need me!"

"Go home, Miss.King" A lady came out and pushed her out the door laughing. "We got this"

"I know" She smiled at her then went over to her car that looked fairly new and got in.

"Follow her"

"What?"

I sighed getting frustrated "Get in the fucking back" He looked at me confused but moved to the back of the car and I moved to the driver's seat and started the car.

You have to be perfect.

I closed my eyes tightly together before opening them again. My mom's voice was echoing in my head again and I hated it.

I hated her.

"What are you waiting for? Drive" Lorenzo yelled.

"Get out" I couldn't handle the thoughts of my mom and Lorenzo's whiny fucking voice right now.

"What-"

I got out of the car and opened the back door pulling him out of the car. I started kicking him in his face "I said get out of the fucking car!" I yelled at him and then kicked him again. I took a deep breath and got back in the car and drove off.