3

Alonzo

I was looking at my dad while he texted on his phone. He had found Aurora outside passed out and carried her into her house. Which surprised me, I thought he would've just left her there and let her die or something.

He had texted me and told me that he was at her house and questioning her which made me nervous. I asked him if he saw her daughter around and he said no which made me even more nervous. So I decided to go to her house. When I pulled up a guard was taking out her trash cause apparently my father had ordered her dinner.

That was 3 days ago and he hasn't been off his phone since.

He stayed a day outside of her house watching her. He said he wanted to make sure she didn't leave for work again or leave the house in general.

"So?" I said to him

"So?"

"Do you like her?"

"What? Alonzo no, I'm just making sure she's okay. Because you let Lorenzo off on her" he said "A fucking car accident Alonzo? Really?"

"I told him to calm down. He didn't listen"

"You're his boss Alonzo. You make him fucking listen"

"You want me to kill him then? Can't listen if he's dead"

"Yeah but the next person will, and they won't make the same stupid fucking choices"

"So you do like her" I chuckled

"Alonzo" he sighed "She's nice looking. There? You happy?"

I raised my eyebrows in surprise that he even gave me that much information "I am" I smiled. My dad chuckled shaking his head "Dad?"

"Yeah?"

"You remember when I was little you took me to that water park, I think I was like 12 and I lied and told you I knew how to swim"

"D-Don't bring that up. You scared the shit out of me that day Alonzo."

I chuckled remembering me panicking and almost drowning. I was in the 8 feet and quickly sinking to the bottom, my dad freaked out and dove in grabbing me. He had hit my back so hard to get the water out of my lungs that I had bruises for weeks.

It was one of my favorite memories actually. Crazy right? When I think about how hard it is for my dad to show emotions or that he cares about me I think about that. My dad jumped in after me without a second thought. Sometimes I thought I expected too much out of him, when I compared him to other fathers in the mafia he was the best. Easily. I just understood being a mafia boss didn't mean showing the most love to your kid. My dad showed it as much as he could and I appreciated that.

His love was honest. Awkward but honest.

We never really talked much when I started to grow up but after my mom passed we started out little by little. Grabbing lunches or dinners. Him making breakfast when I was home or checking on me when I was gone.

"Are you staying in Italy long?" He asked me

"Depends"

"On?" He looked at me

"If you're going to stalk that lady or not" I chuckled "Somebody has to watch over the mafia"

He shook his head "Sante can do that"

"He told me he was going out of town this week"

"Well, he can wait. If you want to travel then you can. It'll be good for you" he said standing up and pulling out his phone "You're young Alonzo. It's a lot in the world you still need to see." He put his phone up to his ear "Yeah, I need you to find two necklaces for me. Check in the immediate area first under Curtis Matthews, pond shops, second-time around, jewelry stores. Anything." He said walking to the back.