22

Asia

A few weeks had passed since I came back from Egypt and Lail was acting weird.

Short conversations if I was lucky, he barely answered my calls anymore, his text were short, or sometimes he just wouldn't reply at all.

I threw my phone on the bed and Alonzo looked at me "Still not answering?" He shut the refrigerator door and came over to me.

I shook my head "Did I do something wrong?"

"What, no. don't even think like that"

"He's never ignored me like this Alonzo." I said tearing up feeling those old and forgotten feelings of being unwanted coming back to me "Is-Is he sick of me? Is he tired of me? Is-"

"Hey" Alonzo pulled my head up to look at him and he wiped my tears "I'll talk to him okay?

I nodded my head and he kissed me "If you were tired of me you would tell me right?"

"Asia it won't happen"

"Yeah? Lail said the same thing" My hands started shaking and I sat on them. I couldn't tell if it was because of my health or fucking Lail. Alonzo walked back over to the fridge pulling out one of my ensures and opening it. He came over handing it to me and I took it "Thank you"

"Drink that," he said and I started drinking it "I'm going to go pick up some groceries-"

"I'll come with you," I said standing up

"I want you here, and I want you rested. You stayed up all last night"

I hugged him tightly and he hugged me back "I just don't want to be by myself, Alonzo"

He looked at me and nodded his head pulling out his phone "Yeah" he walked over to the fridge "Need you to go to the grocery store for me. Same list as last time just add juice-"

"Soda"

"No you've had too much soda," he said and I rolled my eyes "Protein shakes," he said looking in the fridge "Yeah, that too. No don't get her the frozen kind."

"TV dinners-"

"No" he pointed at me "Yeah that should be good."

"Chips?"

Alonzo looked at me huffing "What kind?"

"Ruffles with the dip"

"Ruffles and sour cream and onion dip," Alonzo said and hung up the phone.

"Alonzo?"

"Yeah," he came over sitting next to me "What is it?" He looked at me and I relaxed a bit.

"I think maybe Lail isn't talking to me because he almost said he loved me"

"Lail does seem like he would do that," he said chuckled and I started laughing "Do you love him?"

"I love both of you" I looked at him "That's fucked up huh?"

"No. Not at all." He leaned over kissing me gently "I love you too Asia"

I hugged him and felt myself tearing up. He pulled me into his lap "I'm so selfish" I said hugging him tighter.

"You're not selfish Asia" he pulled away looking at me "You just know what you want, and you get it. There's nothing wrong with that. Besides it's not like we really gave you a choice"

"You didn't?" I said playfully

"Not at all"

"I know I don't want to lose you," I said hugging him tighter