6

Asia

17 years old

"Guys!" Mrs.Trinity yelled for us "Come on. It's time to eat."

I came down the stairs but was pushed out of the way by some of the other kids. I got irritated and pushed them back which made the stupid boy fall down the stairs.

He looked up at me and I rolled my eyes "What I tell you about pushing me?"

"To stop"

"Right." I walked past him and into the kitchen. I sat down and Mrs.Trinity put a bowl of oatmeal in front of me "Thank you"

"You start your classes tomorrow right?"

I sighed rubbing my forehead "Yeah. I promise I'll be out of your hair"

She sighed "Okay. You're already emancipated Asia-"

"Yeah because you pushed for it. You know I don't have anywhere to go"

"You have a car" she gave me a look. "You should be grateful-"

"Fuck you!" I stood up and threw the bowl at her "I don't need this shit. You don't want me here you be a fucking woman and say that shit!" I went up to my room and grabbed my bag and just started throwing my stuff in. I didn't have much since I never stayed in a home too long. Usually I never even took my stuff out, but Mrs.Trinity made me feel safe. At least for a while, till she stopped getting her checks.

Foster homes paid extra for kids like me. "Special needs" kids. According to the psychologist, I had a shit load of mental disorders. Bipolar disorder, mania, Dependent Personality Disorder, and anxiety but I think it's bullshit. You get raised in foster care and shit happens. Most times you don't get treated like you matter. You just get dealt with.

I grabbed my bag and walked out of the house not even bothering to respond to that bitch that was calling my name. I just left, I got in my car and drove to the parking lot of the STNA classes I was supposed to start taking. I could just stay the night here.

I was working at a Wendy's not too far from here which was how I was able to buy my car and pay for my classes. It was a shit starter but it had heat and it got me from A to B. Couldn't ask for much more.

I woke up early the next morning hearing laughing. I got immediately angry because who the hell was that happy at 8 in the morning?

"Daddy stop" I heard a girl say "It's just an STNA class. You don't need to take pictures"

I looked up and saw a girl looking embarrassed but happy with her parents. Her mom was standing next to her hugging her and her dad was taking a picture.

"Here Laila" he handed her the phone "Hush up Aurora. I'm damn proud of you. Don't care if it's 'Just a STNA class' or not." He kissed the side of her head.

"Picture perfect bullshit" I grumbled and put my feet on the dashboard "He probably cheats on his wife or some shit"

The girl was smiling and then looked over at me, probably because I was staring. Her smile dropped for a second before she looked back at her parents.

"I'm fine. I can't wait here. Alone" She playfully pushed her dad.

"We can stay with you" her mom laughed "You getting embarrassed?" She kicked at her legs and the girl rolled her eyes. The lady looked over at me and waved which threw me off a bit. Did she always wave at strangers?