4

Lail

A few weeks had passed since Aurora's accident and she was getting better by the day. She definitely was Laila's child. She was hard-headed as shit, still working but from home, grocery shopping when she could, picking Enya up at school. Helping her with her homework, doing laundry, everything. The only difference was she wasn't physically at work.

I had half a mind of calling Tina and telling on her but I couldn't stand her. Plus last time I called her to talk about our niece Sante showed up with a gun knocking on my damn car window.

Nobody wanted Tina's ass but him.

I had looked over Aurora's grocery list and took a picture of it and did the shopping for her today. I threw away her list in hopes she forgot about it.

I opened the door to her house and went in dropping off the groceries, I put them in the fridge exactly how I knew they went. I had been stalking-I mean watching out for my niece since her accident.

We didn't have any leads which was bothering my baba so I checked her house first for cameras wires and things like that but didn't find any. Then I started to look at pictures, I had stolen a picture of my sister and her when Aurora had to have been 16 or so, it was when she first started her stna classes. I remember when she called Baba excited about her starting her nursing career. I noticed how Aurora's house always had a particular order. Everything was arranged. Everything belonged somewhere and if it wasn't there she would know.

After I put her groceries up I went up to her room and just looked around being a weird uncle. It wasn't like I could walk up to her and have a conversation with her so I settled for getting to know her and Enya through their home.

Laila was my only sister, our parents had a miscarriage before she was born and one after I moved in with them. So they stopped trying for more kids.

I hated Marco for taking being an uncle away from me, I was so excited when Laila told us she was pregnant. Mom and Dad too, the plan was for them to stay in Egypt but he wouldn't stop. Marco never knew when to stop, so Laila and Brandon had to run.

I went to Aurora's room and it was a picture of her, Tina, and Enya at the fair and I rolled my eyes. I noticed a ring sitting on her dresser and went over looking at it. I picked it up noticing it was a man's ring "This doesn't look like Brandon's. To much"

"Asia please" I heard Aurora laughing "So what?"

"Bitch he's been to see you 3 times this week"

"3 times. Wow, that's a lot" Enya said uninterested making me chuckle.

"Um yeah it is if he's flying across the world to see ya momma"

"Shit" I looked around and went into Aurora's closet hoping she didn't come in here.

"Grab a snack, I think it might be another apple left. I have to go shopping" Aurora said "I thought I made a list"

"You shouldn't be doing shit," Asia said

"Oh it's snacks in here mommy, can I have some caramel too?"

"Huh? I must've forgotten"

"Maybe it's the concussion you still have," Asia said clearly upset

"Jesus you sound like him, he's still so worried about me"

"When do I get to meet him?" Enya asked and I could hear them coming up the stairs

"Not any time soon baby sorry"

"Even I haven't met him," Asia said "At least not on purpose. Fine as fuck though"