P R O L O G U E

"Always treat as if it were loaded, even if you realize the handgun is unloaded; always approach it with a respect."

Respect? Yeah, powerful word! This rule is a basic theory. If the firearm is pointed at a safe angle, an intentional or accidental discharge will harm no one.

In the real world, the concept is not admissible; I will just value the ones with a good soul. The ones I trust but not a turncoat, the ones I admire but not an evil and the ones that irrelevant to the obnoxious demise of my father!

So this gun will be my companion, for now, my baby... my crucial demand.

"Then inanimate objects are taken into account," I murmured. I beamed at her and offered my gracious hand perfectly gripping my gun.

"Put your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard, until you have established a deliberate choice to open fire. Always be assured of your target, backstop and beyond. Be mindful of your surroundings," she responded.

She's now on the edge to shoot, I twisted my head to the spot. The bullet fired at once through the target.

Bull's-eye! She managed it carefully!

"Next, your turn!"

I warped my body and pointed my gun at the target. I felt my breathing as I dealt with it. I will hit it at once upon exhaling. So here I go... one, two... three! I pulled the trigger, then boom!

"Nice one, Ma'am Hailey!"

I checked my target then smirked instantly. Not bad, I'm tremendously enjoying my training. After a minute, I shoot again straight away... again and again... until the bullets winged sharply in various angles at the appropriate target boards.

I knew there's a lot of a traitor around us. One bullet is inadequate! I need more. I want everything on my hands! They need to suffer! They all must stop! I clenched my fists and realized that my burning spirit was increasing.

They don't know the sense of emptiness; they don't experience what I've been through! They took the valuable part of my heart and now, I can't escape from the thought that time has stopped when he was gone. Father's Day had been a dreadful time for me. This emptiness is related to the pain of aloneness and separateness and can never really be mollified anymore. I'm broken inside, I'm longing for the love and care of my father! I need him beside me, I honestly miss him. Why they took him away from me? Why?

"That's enough, Ma'am Hailey!" I heard her anxious shout as I felt my aching chest and trembling hands.

I stopped.

My body freezes like an ice at the moment and I gradually turned my gaze to Paula... her teary eyes and wrinkling brows were noticeable. I felt she's worried about me but I ignored it.

Everyone has their own story to tell and their own egotistic perspectives. But there is always the other person's perspective... it may be a good point of view or not... no one can tell. We're all different.

I removed my earplugs, placed my baby gun safe at the back of my pants and looked into her eyes.

"Tomorrow is the day! Get yourself ready!" I said and turned away.

Please refresh your library before reading the next chapter. Just done editing chapters 1 to 10 (April 2017)

READ, READ, READ.. DON'T SKIP!!!

Please be informed na ongoing ang editing ng nobelang ito.

Mayroon kasing mga technicalities, typos, may mga kulang na hindi ko pa naaayos dahil wala pa kasing extra time.

Paki-PM na lang ako kung may suggestions kayo.

Then again, this is my very first story, baguhang sasabak sa unang nobela.

Don't expect too much, hope you do understand what I mean.

Sana'y magustuhan ninyo ito! :)

Please PROCEED to chapter 1... love you!

Thank you!

- Ms. K