5 - Eloise

From: Callum
To: Eloise
Subject: Game on

Dear massive dark cloud without a silver lining,

I hope you're aware that you're walking on thin ice. And my patience is wearing thin. I should have fired you when I said I was, but the organ behind my thick layer of skin told me I needed to give you another chanceI should never have listened to it. But since I did, I want you to know I won't let it take over my mind again.

I'm glad you had the best sex of your life. As for me needing sex? I get plenty of it, thank you very much.

I don't have to fret about anything. You and the job you supposedly wish to keep is the one who needs to worry about something. I don't play nice, Eloise. And if you continue talking to me the way you do, you'll find out just how in trouble you are with me.

And thanks, but no thanks. I don't need a little firecracker like you helping me with my attitude. My attitude is just fine. It's people like you who bring out the worst in me.

Sincerely,
Your favorite bosshole, Callum Harrison

P.S. You better get cracking on that presentation instead of emailing me bullshit. Times about up.

From: Callum
To: Eloise
Subject: Presentation

Thank you for sending me the presentation on time, as I asked. I guess I was wrong about youyou do value your job.

So because of that, I will reward you with a gift. Enjoy.

Sincerely,
Your heartless prick bosshole, Callum Harrison

Asshole... at least he didn't address me as anything this time.

But he still pissed me off.

I looked up at the camera, tilted my head to the side, and smiled right before I held up both hands and showed him what I thought about the voodoo doll and knife—the middle finger salute—both of them.

Emma walked in while I was flipping Callum off in the camera. "Um, Eloise? I hate breaking up this new love affair between you and Callum, but another package just arrived for you."

I clapped excitedly. "Oh, good! I'll bet it's another one from Callum. Am I correct?" I asked, smiling proudly.

"I think so. There's no name, but the packaging is the same," she said, bringing it from around her back and setting it on my desk.

I reached and pulled the box closer to me. "Would you like to stay and see what Callum sent me this time?"

"I'm almost afraid to," she grimaced jokingly.

"I think you should. I need all the witnesses I can get to back me when it comes to him firing me."

She sat, crossing her leg over the other while brushing her hair behind her. "Callum won't fire you. He can't afford to lose another assistant at this time. But I am curious to see what he sent you this time."

I'm also excited to see what reward he gave me this time. So, I hurriedly unwrapped the bow and wrapping paper, lifted the lid, and immediately laughed after seeing the contents inside.

"What is it?"

I tilted the box toward her. "Another doll, but inside a coffin with black roses laying over him, along with a note that says rest in peace, voodoo doll." I looked at Emma. "This just shows the motherfucker is watching me," I said, shouting the word motherfucker. And the only reason I yelled it was because written underneath the box lid says, from your favorite motherfucker. Then, showing Emma the underside of the box's cover, I said, "This proves there's audio in the new camera system."