34 - Eloise

Aaron chuckled as he watched the winner of my sister walk her off the stage, then turned, facing Isabelle and me, saying, "I had a feeling that kid would bid on Lilah."

"Why did you quit bidding?" I asked, curious to know if he didn't think my sister was worth an hour of his time and if that was the reason I wanted to know why.

He looked from Isabelle to me over the rim of his glass as he took a drink. "I would have loved to have a moment with your sister. But honestly, I was only bidding against him to see how much he was willing to go and help the club." He winked. "Call me a cheater; I don't care," he shrugged. "This kid is always here for the auctions and only bids on certain types of women. Your sister fits the profile. But the highest he's ever gone was a hundred grand. Howbeit, I saw the expression on his face; he was willing to go higher with Lilah, so I fucked with him," he admitted proudly. "If I had won, I would have been pissed at myself."

I sat taller and defensively asked, "Why's that?"

"Because I'd want more than an hour with her. That's why."

Oh. Well, okay then...

Just as I looked at Isabelle, a man stepped between her and Aaron, one hand on Aaron's shoulder and the other on Isabelle's. He was tall, dark-haired, with golden-colored eyes that reminded me of honey and facial stubble attacking his face that brought his business look to him even sexier. He also looked like he could be muscular underneath his suit. And he looked familiar to me. "Aaron, Isabelle," he greeted. "How's it going tonight?"

Who's this guy?

Is this Trent? Callum's brother? Because the more I study his facial features and his mannerisms, he reminds me of my guy.

"Hello, Trent," Isabelle smiled, "how's everything with you? It's been a while."

"Congratulations on your marriage."

"Thank you."

"Everything's going great; I can't complain, that's for sure," he said, his eyes on me as he conversed with Isabelle. Then he looked at Aaron, asking, "Since when do you stop bidding on a woman?"

"Since that woman was Callum's girlfriend's sister," Aaron enlightened him. "Plus, he had determination in his eyes, so I figured to give Rico Suave the win. She did well for ya, don't you think?"

Trent agreed with a smile and a nod of his head before turning to me and asking, "So you must be Eloise." He extended his hand across Isabelle, and when I shoved my hand in his, he said, "It's nice to meet you, finally. I've heard a lot about you."

Man. He's just like his brother. Literally, everything about him reminds me of Callum. His wink. His smile. How the crow's feet appear in the corners of his eye when he smiles. The way he grips my hand. The shape of his body—again similar to Thor's. His nose. His cheekbones. His facial stubble. Everything...

"It's nice to meet you. I've only heard very little about you," I admitted, and he chuckled.

"That doesn't surprise me. Callum doesn't get very personal."

"You don't have to tell me," I replied. Because that's the truth, Callum won't tell me anything about him. He just wants to know more about me.

His eyes lowered to my wrist, then back up to mine. "I came over because I was wondering if I could steal you for a moment."

My eyes grew in size; I worried he would try putting the moves on me, even though I had on a bracelet. My eyes darted over to Aaron, swallowing hard. Aaron looked away from me and at Trent, saying, "What do you need Eloise for?" he asked, sounding concerned, as if he was looking out for me for Callum.