28 - Eloise

It felt good to be home. Although I'd only been home for a few hours, I was already missing Hawaii and him.

When we boarded our flight, and Callum saw I'd be sitting next to a man, he immediately talked the guy into swapping seats with him. And that made me happy because since we had only gotten a couple of hours of rest, I was spent and wanted to get some sleep. And Instead of lying my head against the window or falling asleep and my head dropping on the guy seated beside me, I wanted to close my eyes and fall asleep on the man who made my week in Maui more exciting, pleasurable, and fun.

So I was very thankful the guy had no problems swapping seats. And the first thing Callum did when he sat was pull me against his heavenly muscular body and snuggle me into his side. Then, telling me to get some rest—and because of how content I felt being in his arm, warming and comforting me, I fell asleep instantly—before the plane even took off from the runway and ascended into the air.

I awoke about five hours later, feeling much more rested and refreshed. However, I expected to see Callum asleep, but he wasn't. Instead, he was wide awake and on his laptop working. It was also when I found out Emma had rescheduled a business trip to Minneapolis I had scheduled for Callum before I left for Hawaii. So instead of him leaving next Monday, he leaves tomorrow.

And when he had me look over the presentation Melissa prepared for him, I didn't like how it was worded. So, because this meant a lot to me, I used his laptop and rewrote half of the disquisition for him. And I wrote it with more persuasion about why they should consider attending the gala event in New York in two weeks and donating to the epilepsy fund I had created for this year's event. Explaining that shall they donate, Callum will match their donation.

Even though I told Callum I wouldn't do any work for him until I returned to the office Monday morning, this was one issue I wanted to fix. Because after my brother passed away from epilepsy four years ago, I vowed to myself and my family I'd do whatever it took to make more people aware of the chronic noncommunicable disease of the brain.

And I was not too fond of Melissa's version of the speech she had written for Callum. It was not how I would have written it, and it wasn't persuasive. And I felt it lacked key reasons why they should get involved in the awareness and donate to the fund.

Since I wanted to bring awareness of the signs, symptoms, and causes of epilepsy, including what a person should do when someone around them has an epileptic episode. Isabelle mentioned how I should apply for Wish Upon A Star because of their work for people battling incurable diseases, cancer, and other health issues.

She knew how much Max meant to me and felt it would be the perfect job to apply for, knowing I'd put my heart and soul into the company—even without any qualifications.

Which that's what I've done since I started working for Callum. And that's putting my heart and soul into his company. And I feel that's one huge reason Callum never fired me from the beginning—before our night in Florida. Even though he wouldn't admit it, I think he saw something in me and felt if he fired me, he'd be making a huge mistake.

Now, as I lay here, staring at the ceiling, thinking about these past six months and how this past week went hanging out with the boss and getting to know who he truly is, I can't stop thinking about what being in a committed relationship with him would be like.

I also wonder, is that what I want? A relationship with Callum?

Yes and no.

No, because I fear a repeat of my ex. I also worry about people's thoughts if they see us as a couple. He's a billionaire. I'm nothing. And I don't want people thinking I'm only with him because of his money. Which is something I couldn't care about.