29 - Callum

Eloise never called or messaged me after giving her my phone number. And I surprised myself when I did because I've never given my phone number to any woman I've met. The only ones lucky enough to have it are my friends and family, of course. Emma and my other HRS at my different locations. So by me, giving Eloise my number is huge—a step I never thought I'd take.

She also never responded to any of the emails I'd sent her, either. And I'm sure it's because of my transferring Mason to Seattle.

Yes, I transferred him because I didn't want him getting in between Eloise and me. And I'll admit I didn't particularly like how he looked at her, or how he'd ask her out and that she went on a date with him to piss me off. But he was the one looking to transfer, who for months had put in bids in a few of my other locations, such as Seattle, Manhattan, and Miami.

So while we were in Hawaii, I got an email from Avery in Seattle telling me Janice, my assistant, had quit, citing health issues. I immediately thought of Mason and thought it was the perfect opportunity to give him what he'd been asking for.

A transfer to my Seattle office with a title and better pay.

So while Eloise was asleep one morning, I emailed Mason asking if he was still interested in working at the Seattle location, filling him in on the job opportunity that had opened up. He instantly responded he'd love to. It was one location he had hoped would open since it was where he was from and where his family still resided.

It worked out perfectly in my eyes. So Eloise can be pissed at me all she wants about me transferring Mason, but this was what he had wanted.

Apparently, it was also something he kept from Eloise. Because if he had mentioned him looking to transfer, she wouldn't be this upset.

Now that I've landed back on Chicago's turf and have showered and changed, I'm on my way to the office to find out why my girl and assistant are ignoring me.

I called my pilot along the way, ensuring he was still on board to fly Eloise and me to New York tonight and fly us back the following afternoon.

I don't own an airplane; I rent one whenever needed, using the pilot I hired ten years ago. For years, I enjoyed flying commercially; it was my way of hunting for a woman looking to pass the time if she were ever on a layover. But now that I have Eloise in my life, I'd rather fly privately. I also might buy my own jet because of it. One more of my style and one where I could entertain Eloise better.

Eloise better not have taken off or left early today. It seems whenever I show up at the office, she's gone.

And I really need to see her. I never thought I'd say this, but I've fucking missed the hell out of her these last couple of days. I need her mouth tangling with mine. I need her warmth wrapped around me. And I need my mouth buried in her pussy. I miss devouring and tasting her. And I miss hearing her coos, moans, groans, and screams.

I've just missed her in general.

When I stepped foot into the office, Emma's eyes widened, shocked to see me. "Callum," she said casually. "How was Minneapolis?"

"It was good. Everything went well," I responded, marching through the area and past Emma, barking an order with hopes I won't hear that Eloise wasn't in the office today. "Send Eloise into my office, please."

I didn't stop at her desk; I continued marching down the corridor and to my office, shutting the door behind me. I stood at my door, staring at my desk, clasping my hands and extending my arms to stretch while thinking about how much I wanted to bend Eloise over my desk and fuck her.

Knowing Eloise is upset with me, she'll likely make me wait; it's her style. So, while waiting for Eloise to show, I sat at my desk, turned on my laptop, and went through my emails, eliminating the junk that managed to get through the spam blocker by blocking the sender and deleting them.