30- Callum

For the first time in years, it felt good to walk into the office during business hours and not feel like I had to grab what I needed and leave, like the place meant nothing to me.

Since Rory sold his share of the business to me a little over two years ago, I hated coming into the office. He made going to work fun, and he did everything possible to help keep me from thinking about a woman who broke me—who shattered my world—and my heart. But today? I was excited to come in, and it all had to do with a green-eyed hottie.

Seeing Eloise in her work attire in person, instead of through the surveillance system, made my dick stir and come alive. And when she started yelling at me, it excited my cock so much more.

Then, having her bent over my desk, pummeling my dick inside her and feeling her warmth hugging my cock. And also, seeing she wore the plug, I bought her without my asking that she wear it for me, put my mind in overdrive.

Albeit, what really blew my mind was when I admitted to Eloise that I wanted us to be a couple—officially. And I have to say it felt good finally leaving my lips out loud instead of saying it to myself and keeping it buried deep in my mind.

However, I'm scared.

How crazy is it that a big tough guy like me is fucking scared?

Scared of being in a damn relationship. How pathetic is that?

And it makes me feel like a loser to be as scared as I am, fearing I just put myself out in the open for another heartbreak to happen.

I'm also sweating like I'm a fucking teenager again, like the time when I was trying to get the nerve to ask a certain girl out on a date or if she'd be mine.

So, when Eloise left my office to finish what she was in the middle of so we could go, I grabbed my phone and texted the friend who knows me best, who helped keep my mind sane for years, Rory. Hoping he'd talk some sense into me or give me advice. Because right now, I'm on the verge of having an anxiety attack.

After years of telling everyone I'd never let another woman into my heart or commit to another relationship. I just told Eloise I wanted us to be exclusive.

Shit...

I better not fuck this up.

Don't fuck this up, Callum... an angel whispered in my ear.

Me: Before you find out from Isabelle, I want you to know I took a step forward. And I have to admit. I'm scared as fuck. And I'm freaking out right now. I'm literally panicking right now, and I don't like it.

I set down my phone, dragged my fingers through my hair, and let out a long breath of air, hoping it would settle my nerves. I closed my eyes, leaned against the back of the chair, and prayed I didn't just make the biggest mistake of my life.

Eloise isn't a mistake. I'm the mistake. And she'll find out soon how true that statement is because I can never seem to do anything right.

I always seem to fuck up something.

And that's one of the reasons I have my assistants do my work for me now. I don't take the blame if there's ever a screw-up. I place the blame on the person who did it instead of me.

Which makes me what I am—an asshole.

But my biggest fuck up in life was with Victoria. And I will continue blaming myself because no matter what anyone says, what happened to her was my fault.

By me taking this major step in my life, I can only hope it was the right decision, and I don't fuck it up with her. Eloise deserves a good man in her life to give her everything she wants and needs. That may not be me, and I know I don't deserve her, but I want that guy to be me. And I will try my hardest to be that man she so very well deserves.