Chapter 24

Lauren's POV

"What if something happens to us?" Y/N asked.

"Something like what?" I asked back while we walk down across the shore of Miami beach as the water softly caress our feet.

"You know, we get together?" Y/N said shyly.

"Together you mean?" I asked teasing.

Y/N stopped and tugged on my hand for me to stop as well. Y/N held both of my hands and gave them both a kiss.

"Together I mean, we'll be girlfriends. Like official." Y/N said. I was suddenly shocked. By this time of our relationship, I'm still not ready to make it official, I still don't know what I'm looking for. I mean, I'm out to my family and close friends and so is Y/N but I just feel like we're still too young to be tied together.

"Um." I said. Dumbass Lauren! Good job! Nice answer!

"Um what?" Y/N asked.

"It will be really cool, lovely actually." I said.

"But?" Y/N asked.

"I'm not ready yet." Finally saying it.

Y/N laughed and looked at me. "I'm not trying to say it'll be now, I'm saying maybe you know when we grow up, when the time is right for the both of us." She said and smiled.

I sighed and leaned my forehead against her. "I'm so lucky to even have you right now, official or no, friend or no. I'm just really thankful you're in my life."

I hear Y/N chuckle and she cupped my cheek to make me look at her, she caressed it with her thumb and leaned over to kiss me. Little did I know that I would regret not making our relationship official.

Y/N walked me home and kissed me goodnight, we spent a bit of time together today because she'll be flying to her vacation the next day.

I walked in my room, thinking. I was thinking of Y/N and I's relationship and I suddenly whispered to myself. "The right time for the both of us would've been the time we realized that we belong to each other!"

Sudden realization came to me. My surprise for her when she comes back would be me saying yes! And I got the perfect plan for it!

Second day I woke up thinking that Y/N is probably landing already but then I was shocked to see her sitting on the edge of my bed. Her back is facing me and when I almost tap her shoulder her face is bloody and she's been crying.

"Y/N?" I whispered.

"Lauren, I think you came a little too late." She whispered and I woke up sweating.

I woke up from my nightmare after I woke up in my dreams, huh, weird. A nightmare in a nightmare. That same nightmare taunted me ever since. But when Y/N held me the first time again I fell asleep, peacefully. But now that her arms are not around me to secure me away from this torment I had the dream again. But then sudden realization, that I'm on a hospital bed and I looked around frantically. I saw the girls sitting and sleeping on the couch.

I suddenly hopped off my bed that good thing I don't have any tubes plugged in to me. I quickly rushed towards my sisters and wake them up.

"Guys. Guys wake up!" I said shaking each of their legs. To my surprise Dinah was the first who opened her eyes.

"Well that's a surprise." I said to her and she rolled her eyes.

"Are you ok now?" She asked.