Double trouble

Authors note:

Woahhh lifesteal Double Life AU cause im silly

Btw this is all completely platonic! I don't ship any of the pairings here, I just think they'd be a fun duo :D

Also also tried out a different writing style for this one in terms of dialogue/exposition balancing, I'm not a huge fan of how it turned out, but I just wanna get it out there cause I like the concept of the story itself

______________________________________________________

Cube sits in a dimly lit cave he entered with Mid and Terry. A temporary alliance had formed between the three of them at the beginning of the server, before they all became soulbound to another and went off to search for them.

 He waits for what little food they'd brought in here to cook, as the other two ventured further into the cave to look for materials. Mid promised to give him at least enough iron for a sword and shield, after she got enough for herself.

Just then, Terry returns, throwing some extra coal into one of the furnaces, pulling his communicator out of his pocket and skimming over the chat messages. "Mid should be coming back soon, I think we get our soulbounds in like... oh shit-"

Cube reaches to pull out his own communicator, as no more words are spoken. Before he gets the chance, though. Green text suddenly takes over his vision, counting down from three.

 Out of the corner of his eye, he can see Terry, eyes far away, likely seeing the exact same thing as him, as the number switches from three, to two, and finally to one.

Your soulmate is...
????

The text suddenly disappears, leaving silence in the cave, stretching on as their eyes are still glazed over with text that's long gone. The feeling of being bound to another person fully settling in their minds.

Then Mid runs in.

"Can one of you guys hit me?"

Cube's snapped out of his haze, hesitantly nodding as he goes over to Mid. Punching her decently hard in the shoulder, enough to hurt, but not much more than that. Just enough for her soulbound to feel.

She winces, just at the same time as Terry does. 

It seems like any semblance of pain goes away as soon as the two of them realize it, he looks between both of them, waiting for something to happen.

"Congratulations?"

Is the last thing he says, before suddenly, something hits, hard. Painfully, blinding hard, and the world goes dark.

PrinceZam was blown up by Creeper
MrCube6 was blown up by Creeper

,,,,,,

Bacon doesn't bother to go off and mine or explore the world or whatever. He sticks around at spawn with everyone else, ten people, including him, that stay behind. Statistically, at least one pair of people there are probably soulmates.

He cuts down a few nearby trees, gets tools from the side of a mountain near everyone else, and steals from the mini farm that Jaron, who also stuck around, made. 

He just hopes to pair up with whoever he's stuck with as soon as he can, so they can do all the gear grinding for the both of them, and get enough food so that he doesn't have to worry about their healthbar.

He's looking around spawn, judging which person there he'd want to be his teammate the least, when the numbers begin flashing in his vision. First three, than two, and finally one.

Your soulmate is...
????

When the trance ends, he looks at everyone else. 

Some remain still, just taking in how different the world suddenly seems to feel, some look at everyone else, wondering if anybody here could really the person their stuck with until death. Some begin running to others, asking for someone to hit them, and looking around for their soulmate.

He watches, waiting to see if he feels anything as people begin hitting people, frantically looking around for anyone who shared the hurt they felt.

Bacon watches as, at the edge of the forest by spawn, Spoke and Ash walk up to one another, Ash gets hit first, and the two of them look around, seeing if they could find anyone else who felt the impact of the hit. It seems like they don't, because Ash remains where he is.

Spoke gets hit next, and wow, Ash definitely punched harder than he needed to. Bacon winces, the place in the jaw where Spoke had been hit begins to blossom with pain.

The fact that he found his soulbound that easily should probably surprise him more than it does. But he's just kind of upset that he got someone who isn't gonna manage the healthbar for the both of them.

He was really looking forward to just, never having to regen.

Bacon shrugs, walking over to the two of them, who seem to have not realized that he was there.

"Can you hit me?" He says to Ash, not bothering for any kind of greeting. 

Beyond looking a little startled at his sudden appearance, Ash shrugs and does so without hesitation, hitting him in the same spot in the jaw where he hit Spoke before.

It takes his soulbound a minute to realize, but once he does, his eyes widen, seemingly uncaring for the pain of the hit. He starts yelling something, but Bacon's preoccupied watching over his shoulder.

Spepticle and Planet, who seem to also be soulbound, are luring a creeper towards Zam, who's still standing alone.

They move in front of him, and it hisses, they talk loud enough for him to not hear it. He wants to say something, but it would probably be more funny for it to just play out.

Bacon points out the group quietly, and both Ash and Spoke turn to look as the two back away casually, a second before the creeper explodes, taking Zam with it.

PrinceZam was blown up by Creeper
MrCube6 was blown up by Creeper