First day

I slumped low on the couch while picking apart a clementine. I faced the television but didn't retain the images flashing in front of my eyes. 

After waking up in the middle of the night and not falling asleep until four in the morning from nerves, I hadn't slept as long as I wanted. I just hoped I could stay awake the entire day and my teachers first impression of me wasn't a sleep deprived, drooling form in the back of class.

I sighed and got up to shove a notebook and pencil into my new backpack that the school had gifted me. I had originally wanted to wear jeans paired with a sweater but instead opted for a comfier option, a baggy sweatshirt and leggings. 

I threw my frizzy, curly hair up into a bun and left my dorm at 8:00 to ensure that I made it to the right class on time. I trudged through the halls, trying to avoid eye contact with people and pretend like there wasn't a monster eating my insides out. 

I routinely blew out shaky breaths while keeping a look out for my room number. My first class was Intro to Omegas. When I finally found the correct room, I kept walking. I was too anxious to walk inside. I had always been homeschooled by my mom so I didn't know what to expect.

However, I watched a lot of tv and in some shows when there was a new student that arrived at the school, they had to introduce themselves in the front of the room. What if I had to do that? What do I even say? 

I squared my shoulders and marched back to the door. I swiftly twisted the doorknob and stepped in before I could wimp out again. 

I forced saliva down my instantly dry throat and my eyes snapped from person to person in the neatly placed desks. I tried not to wrinkle my nose when everyone's scent hit me at once and combined to form a tornado of strong omega scents. 

"Why hello. You must be the new student, Odette. My name is Mrs. Lee" I stared wide eyed at the young omega teacher. I gulped, please don't make me give a speech in front of the class about myself  I silently pleaded. 

She smiled and pointed out a seat in the back of class for me to sit in. "Make yourself comfortable, you came at just the perfect time, it's still the beginning of the school year so you won't have a lot of catch up work." 

I slunk past her only allowing myself to breath after I made it to my corner seat in the back of class. I only looked up from pretending to to text someone on my phone when Mrs. Lee starting talking about the video we were going to watch today. 

While everyone else took notes about the video of some old guy, probably an alpha, talk about omegas like he was one and knew everything about them. Mrs. Lee brought me a small stack of papers. She crouched down next to my desk and gave me a brief description of each packet and where I could find the video to fill them out. 

I nodded along and tried to remember everything she said. She handed me a school issued computer and set me up with a password. She told me not to worry about this video in class and to instead get started on catching up.

After an entire two hours of watching multiple videos repeating the same information that I already knew about omegas. It was finally the end of class. I quietly thanked the teacher on the way out and rushed back to my dorm. 

My next class was at 1:00, it was called What To Expect During a Heat and I assumed it was about what I would experience as an omega in heat. I definitely wasn't looking forward to that class but I had some down time before then that I could spent pretending like I didn't have that class. 

I take back every compliment I ever gave that building. It wasn't pretty anymore, that place was evil, created my the devil. How could I survive another class, nevertheless a whole year here? I could barely breath in that one class I couldn't even imagine what an even bigger class would be like.