Cornered

I stumbled backwards, keeping a close eye on a seething Caspian while I blindly reached behind me for the door. I prepared myself to quickly step out of the room and shut the door behind me to put a barrier between us before booking it back to the safety of Caden's room or my own.

"What the fuck are you doing in here? In my room?" Caspian snarled out through gritted teeth.

"I was just - I didn't mean - I'm sorry - I'll just go." I sputtered out, ready to bolt. Where's the fucking door.

As Caspian shifted off the bed gracefully, I froze instantly hypnotized by the menacing, but smoldering hot man in front of me. I didn't need to hide my staring as he shoved his dick into his jeans before zipping them back up. 

I watched as he slowly advance. My breaths got faster and harsher as he came closer. He stopped a foot away from me. His breaths came out heavy as he spoke, "are you fucking spying on me?" 

He leaned down until our noses were almost touching. I cringed away and found a spot on the floor to stare at. Caspian hissed above me, "what? Don't want to look now? You didn't seem to care earlier."

He was clearly furious, with every right. I watched him during a private moment. My main goal was to get out of here as fast as I could. I wasn't talking to the man that drove Caden and I to the hospital or the man who saved us from Katnis. I was in the presence of the gargoyle that was engineered to become a dangerous, lethal weapon.

"No, no! I didn't mean to. Look I'm sorry and I'm leaving." I managed to look him in the eye to fully enforce my point, I'm getting out of this room before Caspian becomes even madder. Caspian pushed forward until I was pressed against the door I so desperately had tried to find. He slammed his hands behind my head, keeping me locked between the door and himself. But he never let his body touch mine, not even a graze. 

Caspian laughed, "Already? Did you get enough pictures?"

I shook my head with a crease between my eyes, why would he think I was taking pictures. "No, I didn't take pictures. I don't even have my phone with me."

I held up my hands slightly, in surrender and to show there was no phone in sight. I hoped Caspian wouldn't physically hurt me, but I was afraid if he didn't let me leave soon, he would pick me apart mentally. 

I blew out a slow breath and spoke in a voice that would be used to talk to a scared, stray animal. "Listen, I'm going to leave. I'm sorry for intruding."

He snorted, not accepting my apology and didn't move an inch. Luckily, Caden groaned from his spot on the bed and Caspian attention turned back to him. I took my opportunity and yanked open the door.

I slipped out into the hall, slammed the door shut behind me and sprinted down the hall. I zipped around the corner and almost ran right into Atlas. He stood in the middle of the hallway, his armed crossed. An unmoving boulder.

I swallowed and glanced around him, hoping that someone would come save me from this interrogation I was sure to get. There was no way he missed everything that went down a few moments ago.

He didn't move out of my way and kept staring me down. Maybe if I just keep walking around him, he would let me pass. I squared my shoulders and trudged onwards. I kept my gaze firmly faced ahead towards the end of the hallway.

My vision was invaded by Atlas. He had shifted so he was directly in front of me again. I huffed and crossed my arms to match his stance and tried to glare him down with the same death stare he had on his face.

I just want to hide away from the world for a little while. Was that too much to ask for?

After a stare down that I most definitely lost, I sighed and gave in. I stepped back, ready to accept the tongue lashing I was sure to receive. 

I watched his forearms flex before they dropped back to his sides, "why would you go into that room?" He asked very slowly as if talking to a toddler. I knew what he was accusing me of.

"I didn't know what they were doing." I whispered, ashamed about the topic of our conversation.

He snorted, "you heard them having sex but didn't know?!"

I shrugged and pulled my gaze from his accusing one to focused on a spot in the center of the wall behind him. Why did he have to be so rude?

I could practically feel him rolling his eyes at me, "just go to your room and don't come into Caspian's area again."

I murmured out a quick 'okay' before squeezing past him and continuing down the hallway. I never looked back and kept speed walking until I got to my room. I shut and locked the door behind me before letting myself breathe.

Atlas was right of course. How could I have been so stupid. Deep down I knew what they were doing. I made up an excuse and forced myself to believe it. Why did I invade their privacy like that?

Now I looked like an idiot. Caspian has every right to be angry at me and Caden as well. Now I would have to apologize to them. How in the world do I apologize for walking in on them having sex? 

No, I dug this hole all by myself. I will do whatever I have to in order to make it up to them. What about flowers? Maybe I could write them a card and leave it at the door so I wouldn't have to look them in the face? That's utterly ridiculous. They would laugh at that, at me.

That thought made me freeze. I got yelled at by both Caspian and Atlas. The two unspoken leaders of the house. Atlas sent me to my room like a child. What if I get kicked out? What if all this bonding that Caden has orchestrated was all for nothing? In the end, I was going to get the boot no matter what I did. 

I laughed at that, "you stupid bitch."

Always fucking everything up. I found my once in a lifetime mate. Met his pack. Then I decide to stand there and watch him in a very private moment with Caspian who was finally starting to warm up to me.

Oh he warmed up to me real quick. Scorching hot lava had radiated off of him. 

A sharp knock at the door snapped me out of my thought. Before I could make up theories about who was behind the door, I jumped forward and opened it. I let out a breath of relief when I saw Dante. The one neutral person.

Maybe he hadn't heard that everyone hated me now? Dante pushed his way passed me, dropped onto my bed and made himself comfortable. Once he had shimmied his way into the center of my bed, he reached out towards me and patted the bed next to him. 

I skeptically closed the door he came through and perched on the side of the bed. He loudly sighed and grabbed my waist. He effortlessly pulled me closer to him as if I weighed nothing, until I was practically on top of him. I could feel his heart beat, we were too close. I tried to roll off of him, but his arms locked around me and held me in place.

I breathed through my mouth so his scent couldn't mess with my head. "Maybe now isn't the time for this."

Dante grabbed the back of my thighs and pulled me up his body until we were eye to eye with each other. Dante broke eye contact and leaned down to bury his face into the junction between my neck and shoulders. 

I waited for him to finally speak but instead felt his tongue flick across my pulse. I yelped and shoved his head away from me. Dante gave me his signature smirk, "don't worry about them. Caspian's just sensitive and Atlas has angry issues. Besides, Caden likes an audience."

He pulled away further to get a better look at my face that was scrunched up and scowling at one of the pillows behind him. 

"Listen, Odette, nobody's mad at you."

I scoffed and shrugged out of his hold. "I'll believe it when I see it," I threw over my shoulder before the shutting the bathroom door behind me and putting a barrier between Dante and I.