A history lesson

I stared at the freakishly huge house in front of me. This house would be too spacious for fifty people. How many people lived here? 

I already suspected that his pack would live in a filthy rich place from the fact that they gifted him a car as a present, the fancy looking gate we passed through on our way up the driveway and the complete lack of neighbors. I wouldn't be surprised if this pack owned the entire mountain the house is resting on. 

It had been a long four hour drive up the steep road that climbed higher and higher into the foggy tip of the mountain. The scenery had become so dense with trees, a pack of wolves could have been following us the entire time and I would have had no idea.

I looked at Caden, "so basically you have a ton of sugar daddies?"

He shrugged, "basically," he echoed.

I slowly walked up the stone steps, following Caden. I reached my hand out to touch the smooth granite of the exterior that started from the ground and arched up and over our heads, outlining two large dark, wood doors.

Caden slipped a key through the lock and pushed the door open for me. I murmured my gratitude to him and prepared myself to step into an unknown world of riches. We stepped onto the dark marble floor which lead to a wide spiraling stair case. 

By looking at the interior, it was clear that the house was occupied by only males. The walls were a soothing medium grey color and was decorated by simple paintings that I'm sure costed half a million each. 

Caden lead me up the staircase to his floor, the second floor. 

Our steps echoed throughout the house, creating a lonely sound. Caden cleared his throat, "I share this level with one of my pack mates. However, he is on a business trip right now so he won't be bothering us. Not that he would be a bigger in the first place." I blew out a relieved breath at that.

"How many are in your pack?" I hesitantly asked not sure if I wanted to know the answer.

"Four. They are the sweetest, I swear." Caden answered giving me a sly wink.

I frowned not sure what that wink meant. The lights had changed from the fluorescent overhead lights to cozy lamps on each corner of the hallway as we walked towards Caden's domain. Maybe it was an omega thing to hate bright lights? Caden stopped at a door towards the end of a hallway.

"This is my room and you can take the guest room right down this hallway." He said and guided me down another hallway to my room.

My temporary room was a light tan color filled with multiple lamps, a luxurious king sized bed, a large dresser, a television hung on the wall with a bathroom complete with a tub, shower and the cherry on top, a walk in closet. "Oh shit, this is your guest room."

Caden smiled, "yep." He leaned in closer as if he was about to share a secret, "let me give you a tour of the rest of my house."

We walked around the house for a while with him constantly reassuring me that all of his pack members were away right now. He showed me the main floor that had multiple living rooms, kitchens, dining rooms and a huge gym in the back. There was an indoor and outdoor pool, a huge garden and of course, the beautiful forest beyond that. 

He completed the tour of his wing that consisted of his room, a movie room, an art room and three nests for his heat. He gave me a quick look of all the other rooms but insisted I venture into all three of the nests and have a look around. He insisted it was good to see what a good nest looked like.

The floors on all of them were covered with a memory foam mattress, the walls were all padded and there was either a large window or a sunlight that filled the room with a consistent amount of warmth. Of course, they were all filled to the brim with soft blankets and pillows.