Another move

Everyone broke out in loud chatter. I was suddenly very grateful for Caden's hand in mine and his steady work presence behind me which calmed my frantic heart. He held my hand in a tight grip and led us both towards the front of the interrogation line. 

My legs bounced from nerves and my body was overcome by nervous shudders. Caden took notice and slightly pulled us to the side of the line and turned his body so that he was locking their view of me. 

He leaned closer to my ear to whisper, "it's better to get this over with, I can go into the tent first for questioning and wait for you to finish. It's nothing to nervous about there are cameras all around the campus that will show we were in your building while the fire was set." He looked directly into my eyes, "okay?"

I nodded. He raised his eyebrows clearly waiting for a verbal answer, "okay." I whispered back.

He pulled me in front of him and wrapped his arms around me filling me with warmth. He placed his chin on my head cocooning me into his space and making it easier to breathe. When they motioned for the next person to step into the text, my chest felt empty without him.

Caden said he felt the same way about his pack members that he does with me. Does that feel similar to how I feel? Is it even normal to feel this deep of a connection to someone I barely know?

A few minutes passed before Caden stepped out of the tent and stepped off to the side giving me an encouraging nod. I walked into the pale grey tent. A big bald man was sitting on a chair and motioned for me to sit across from him. I did with a stiff back. He turned to a new page in his clipboard and looked back up at me through narrowed eyes, "где вы были час назад?" (where were you an hour ago?)

I blinked at him opened my mouth then shut it. He seemed to recognize the problem and rolled his eyes at me motioning one of the other guys in the back of the tent to talk to me. 

The other police officer looked much kinder and he politely asked me about my whereabouts at specific times and checked in with the cameras to make sure I was telling the truth. After confirming I was in fact telling the truth, they sent me on my way. 

The second I stepped outside I immediately searched for Caden. Only after I was safely engulfed in his reassuring sweet scent did I realize how unusual it was for me to be so attached to someone. The little voice in my head blew it off and claimed it was love at first sight. I wrinkled my nose, love at first sight doesn't exist I shouted back at it.

Caden grabbed a pass from an officer outside the tent meaning that we were already questioned and not a suspect. 

A stern looking woman stood on a small platform with a microphone and was shouting things into it. Caden ushered me away before I could hear the English translation. 

He walked me back to my house waited for me to unlock the door and then lock it behind me to speak, "the police and teachers don't want the students to go far but it's not safe at the school. They are contacting parents but they don't want to sent students all the way back to another country. They were saying that people who live in Russia can go live with their families until this is over. They think three to five days will be long enough to sort this out. But they were talking about renting out hotel rooms for the students who live in different countries."

I cringed at that. Stuck in some big building with a lot of noise, no thank you. But what choice did I have, "I guess I better start packing then."

Caden nodded, "I can help. You probably won't need more than a weeks worth of clothes."

"Thanks. Are you staying at the hotel too."

He winced, "no sorry, I'm going to be staying with my pack. But, would you let me convince you to come with me?"