Fight

At first, Dante refused to be pushed out of the hospital in a wheel chair until I promised him I would personally push him outside. I still hadn't quit gotten used to the two hulking figures, also known as Atlas and Caspian, that shadowed Caden and I wherever we went. 

Earlier, I tried to prompt Caden into telling me more about the woman from the cafeteria but he refused to share any information or played dumb. I could only hope that Caspian had it covered and would protect Caden, since he was the one who also saw her face.

When we stepped out of the doors, Ronan and Atlas split off to walk to their separate cars. Caspian, Caden, Dante and I piled into Caspian's car. Caspian sat in the front alone while Dante, Caden and I sat in the back. Dante insisted on sitting in the middle between, 'the prettiest omegas.'

I glanced at a giddy looking Dante who was already gazing into my soul, I cleared my throat ready to ask him every questions I had bottle up, knowing that he wouldn't sugar coat anything. "So who shot you? What were you doing that made him shoot you?"

Dante smiled as if reflecting on a happy memory, "It was the guy who shot the gun in the restaurant that we were at. He was trying to prove he was a macho man. I had to teach him a lesson: never scare my omegas. I have to give him credit for his aim, but there wasn't a whole lot of manliness in him after I got my hands on him. In fact, he -"

Caspian growled from the front of the car, "that's enough," cutting Dante off.

Dante rolled his eyes and reached towards me, I stopped him when I saw a white bandage peaking out from his sleeve. "Where else were you shot?"

Dante shrugged, "arm, leg, stomach."

I frowned and shifted away from him, "You were shot all over and let me sleep on top of you! What if I reopened a wound?"

Dante rolled his eyes again, "please. I'm practically almost healed."

My phone buzzed, it was a notification from the school. I sighed, school was starting again because they caught whoever set the school on fire. I'm elated they caught the criminal, but I was starting to like Dante. I didn't want to go back to the school just yet. I wished to feel out these new relationships.  

Caden grunted, "schools back on." He turned to face me, "honestly you could stay with us for a while and take classes online. It's probably not safe at the school this soon after anyways," he quickly added.

I nodded, playing along. "Yes, you're right. I think I'll stay if that's okay with everyone until we know for sure it's safe again."

Caden grinned and Dante purred next to me, letting me know that he most definitely approved of letting me stay. It was heartwarming to know that in this completely new place, I had two people by my side. I smiled softly to myself as my inner omega preened at an alphas approval. The human part of me knew not to fall entirely head over heels for him. At least not yet.

I glanced at my phone again, no messages or calls from my mother. That was odd. I thought she might call me after hearing about the fire at my school. 

I pushed that thought away as we pulled into the garage. I jumped out of the car and turned around to help Dante step out, but he had already barreled out the other side. He murmured something about a fight that was happening underground. 

A underground subway station? Why would he need to see a fighting that was happening in an underground subway? I rolled my eyes, Men.

I glanced questioningly at Caden who just shrugged at me. I followed him into the house and headed into the guest room to wash away all the stress from the past twenty four hours.