A relaxing day

The aroma of bacon and eggs wafted through the air and motivated me to stumble out of bed to investigate. Caden was flipping bacon which I knew I didn't have in my fridge. The thing that really caught me off guard was the fact that he was shirtless. 

I stood in the doorway taking my time observing this new view. I had seen a few shirtless men on my shows that my mom insisted I stop watching.  None of them compared to Caden. 

He had a lean, athletic build with a toned back and a dimple on his lower back. His arms were slim but muscular. He chose that exact moment to turn around and my view was met with a defined six pack. I quickly averted my eyes and was met by a booming chuckle from Caden. 

I slunk into the kitchen and grabbed a seat. A heaping plate of scrambled eggs, bacon and toast was deposited before me. I murmured a thanks before I dug in. I was too afraid to look Caden in the eyes after I was caught staring. I registered Caden sitting down next to me with his own plate while keeping my focus on devouring my food. 

However, I couldn't resist for long. I was drawn to him like a magnet and continuously snuck glances at him to find him back to normal. Did he even remember last night? Did he remember his nightmare? I didn't want to pry but he seemed rattled afterwards and I was worried for his safety. Was he in danger?

I pulled myself out of my thoughts and decided to make small talk to see if he was really okay. Today was Saturday, so no school and I didn't know what to talk about other than school. I decided a rapid fire question game to learn more about him was fit for seven in the morning. "So what's you favorite color, hobby, food, where do you want to live when you are older?"

I took a deep breath ready to keep going when Caden answered them as rapidly as I asked them, "the color of your eyes, cuddling with you, whatever your favorite food is and wherever you want to live. Anything else, princess?"

I gave him a nasty glare, "you didn't even answer my questions. Those were fake answers."

He smirked, "no they weren't lies, they were a hundred percent true."

I grumbled under my breath that we were done with the game which he of course heard with his superior hearing and almost tipped over his chair from laughing so hard. My irritation with him washed away when I remember how sad and scared he was last night. "So, what are your plans for today?" I asked Caden.

"I am so glad you asked. We are going into town. I am going to show you the best places to shop and eat." He replied as he took both of our plates to the sink and washed them.

I was dumbfounded to say the least, I can't remember the last time I didn't wash dishes after a meal. "We are?"

His wink was the only confirmation I got so I went back to my room to find a suitable outfit to wear on maybe a date with someone I slept on top of for most of the night. After a long thirty minutes I came out of my bedroom in three layers. 

I found that in that time Caden had left and gotten changed, himself. He was in a thin t shirt, trench coat and light washed jeans. While he looked put together, I looked like a homeless person. 

He practically skipped over to me wrapping me in his mouthwatering scent as he whispered in my ear about how beautiful I looked. I turned redder than a tomato as I stammered out a compliment to him too. I wasn't really used to compliments especially not ones from gorgeous men. 

He hooked his arm through mine and led me out the door. I locked my door and quickly stuffed my hand back into my pocket to shield away the icy wind. Caden seemed almost unaffected by the cold weather which I was secretly jealous about.

He tugged me in the opposite direction of the school, I frowned at him. Seeing my confusion he said we were going to the garage because he had a car parked there. Definitely rich kid. He snorted and I smooshed my lips together realizing I said that out loud.

"I'm not actually rich, it was a present." He seemed embarrassed to admit.

————————————

After a twenty minute ride in a shiny, black car that looked extremely expensive, but with my lack of knowledge about cars, I was unable to figure out what kind of car it was. Soon, we pulled up to a dark green coffee shop, maybe a bakery. 

I couldn't read Russian. Although this school they sent me to was in Russia, because I spoke English, all of the classes I took had teachers that were English speakers. Knowing Russian was never a problem until now. 

He held the door open for me and the smell of coffee beans mixed with fresh dough filled my nose. My favorite thing about the bakery was how warm it was. Caden greeted the lady at the counter in Russian and then I assume ordered for both of us. 

He tugged me over to a booth in the corner facing the window. "I didn't know you knew Russian, did you move to Russia with your pack, for your pack or just for the classes?"

"I was born in Russia. Remember not everything an omega does is for their pack or for the benefit of their pack. I don't need permission from my pack to do things and they don't drag me around places. I know the view of omegas can be very stereotypical but most packs I've met with omegas including mine don't work how the public thinks. You don't have to be scared of joining a pack. I know people try to engrave that fear in omegas but there is nothing to be afraid of, I promise."

I frowned, "I'm not scared," I denied, besides it's weird to talk about this in public. Did he want me to join a pack or his pack? Shit, I'm not ready for that. I quickly changed the subject, "how come you don't have a Russian accent if you were born here?"

"I was born here but I moved to America at a young age so I was taught American and Russian but have an American accent. Sometimes when I visit Russia for longer periods of time, a Russian accent peaks through every now and again."

"Oh." I said slightly ashamed for asking that stupid question.

Caden chatted mostly to himself for the next few minutes only shortly interrupted by the young lady coming over with our food. I mostly nodded along to the conversation, he was talking about some class he was taking which I found quite boring. Also I was mostly distracted by watching people walk across the street outside and watching the smoke pump out of the building across the street. 

Caden seemed to notice my disinterest and changed the subject to revolve around me which was somehow worse. I knew my life was boring but didn't realize till being asked all these questions just how boring it really was. Who's my best friend, probably you. Have I ever had a relationship, no. What did I do for fun, walk in the woods. What's my favorite hobby, maybe reading. 

When we finished eating our chocolate covered croissants, Caden led me out of the building. He wanted to bring me to a library but I had to spoil the mood and asked to go back home. I had an assignment due and I needed to get it done, I felt bad about ruining the mood but school comes first I guess. 

Back at my house, I invited Caden to come back in with the promise of watching a movie later but it was a scheme to convinced him to do my homework for me while I watched my show. A loud swooshing sound broke me away from the tv and a piercing ringing hit my ears. 

I sat stunned on the coach while Caden jumped into action, "it's just the fire alarm," he peaked through the curtain, "it looks like it's only the main building. Come on let's go."

I snatched up my phone and followed Caden outside. Apparently we all had to line up so that they could count the students. The teachers strictly told everyone to wait in one area and that the police would be here soon. Wouldn't the firefighters come, not the police? 

I glanced over at Caden he seemed confused with the whole situation. At some point during all this, we had grabbed each other's hand and his thumb was rubbing circles on mine. The teachers broke out from their huddle as the police and fire truck arrived. 

"Everybody is being questioned about their whereabouts, this was not a normal fire. Someone deliberately set the school on fire. If you saw or heard anything please let us know."

Ok so what do we think of Caden? Odette?