Chapter 29: "-Like Matt Wants To Be A Dinosaur"

Sammi Evelyn POV

His steps echoed as my heart stopped. He just stomped on my heart and walked away like nothing happened.

"To me, you're a whore."

Am I? Did I really hurt him that badly?

"Are you okay?" Taylor asked me, his eyes staring intently at me. He was deciphering how badly I was hurt by Nash's words. Or his feelings.

"Am I a whore for wanting you?" I asked him and I saw him relax. He thought I wanted Nash. No, I didn't. Only him.

"No, you're a woman who knows what she wants. Just at the wrong times," Taylor smiled as he pulled me to him and kissed me on the lips softly.

"Am I what you want?" I asked him because no guy wants a whore.

"You are."

"Not Lila?"

He's always had a crush on her. He thought we all forgot.

"No," Taylor said, "And I think I've ruined enough relationships, haven't I?"

"That doesn't mean you don't want her," I said and he pulled away so he could look me in the eye.

"Sammi, I want you like Matt wants to be a dinosaur," Taylor said and I almost cried. That was honestly the most beautiful thing I have ever heard.

"I want you too," I said and he kissed me. Not softly.

Not at all.

***************

Matthew Espinosa POV

I know I shouldn't smile. But I did.

I know I shouldn't laugh. But I will.

And I did.

Tani glanced up at me and glared. I shrugged as I continued laughing. She patted Kian's back as he shook his head and held his face in his hands.

Maya left him. This is hilarious. My eyes glistened with the tears from laughing. Aaron shook his head at me and smiled. He found this funny, too.

"Matthew, this is not funny," Kian said and I scoffed. Just deserves, man.

"YES!" Carter came in, "She just called me."

"Madi?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Yep. They're fine but won't tell us where they are." Carter said as my phone rang. I looked down and saw Maya's face fill the screen.

"You have got to be kidding me?" Kian said as I answered.

"Maya?" I asked as I put the phone on speaker and Maya said uh huh.

"Hey, Matthew, what's up?" she said like nothing ever happened.

"Maya, where the hell are you?" I asked her.

"On a plane with Madi," she said, "Staring at this screen of job applications. Where are you?"

"At this damn house where you are supposed to be," I said and she said Oh.

"Maya, why did you leave?" I asked her and everyone leaned in to catch her words through the phone.

"Because I fucking can, bitch. You got a motherfucking problem?" Maya said and everyone scooted back.

"What happened to you?" Kian yelled.

"Your bitch ass," Maya said to him, "And I was talking to Matthew. Get me off speaker phone and leave the room."

"Okay," I exited the room, "what is it?"

"I am in LA with Madi and we are starting over. Fresh start. We now work for a magazine. I tell you this because I only trust you. And because I know you wanna be an actor."

"What does that mean?"

"You can come here if you want. Lots of acting jobs?" she said, her voice hopeful.

"I'm good," I said as I hung up the phone. I'm good.

I'm fucking awesome.