Chapter 6: Team America Solves It

Taylor Caniff POV

“Brent, please stop Skyping Ali and help us narrow down places to look,” Matt was exhausted.

“Ali says he’s not in New York, she would have seen him,” Brent says, “See I’m helping.”

“Helping to get yourself killed,” Matt glared at him, “By me.”

“Tension must break,” Nash said. Ricky, Trevor and Aaron nod in agreement.

“He’s nowhere in America.” I said, “He could be in Canada. It’s likely. I mean, we were in California when he was abducted. She could just drive north for a couple hours instead of days.”

“I’m calling Connor now,” Ricky said as he got out his phone, “We should have the guy back in no time.”

*****

Jack Johnson  POV

We were backstage at Madi’s concert when Connor’s phone rang.

“It’s Ricky,” Connor said and left so he could hear over the bass of Madi’s song.

“Okay, guys,” Madi said to the crowd, “Backstage I have a really cool guy who is a rapper. In fact, he became famous on YouTube like I did.”

“She’s talking about you,” Dakota said and I nodded. She totally is.

“I really hope he won’t come out here acting all shy like when I first met him,” Madi says. I won’t come out shy.

“Get ready,” Carter said and Cameron gave me thumbs up as I stood and straightened out me shirt and patted down my hair.

“And I know I’m talking him up, but his eyes are a killer color,” Madi said. Yes, they are, “And he has tons of swag.”

I walked in front of the curtain and got ready to go out.

“Get ready for,” Madi yelled, “Christian Collins!”

“Excuse me, dude,” A guy, Christian, brushed past me and went on stage and hugged Madi.

“Hi, Madi, welcome to Canada,” Chris said when he let go of her.

“Ugh, I thought she was talking about you,” Dakota said as she came up to me.

“She said rapper and YouTube,” Cameron said.

“She didn’t say anything about blondes, though,” Shawn said, “Sorry, dude. She was talking about another cool rapper.”

Connor came back then with his phone in his hand.

“Jack’s here in Canada. Everyone will be here in two days,” Connor said.

“I have a theory that the closer we get to finding Jack the more problems in our lives that will appear,” Dakota said.

“No shit, Sherlock,” Madi said as she came backstage. Everyone jumped up in surprise.

"What? What I do?" Madi said.