Chapter 17: Heartbreak

Matthew Espinosa POV

I was in the music room trying to play the piano and sucking at it.

"Cats are singing in harmony with that," Taylor said and I looked up and saw him and Shawn just staring at me.

"Step away from the piano before you ruin it for me," Shawn said and I did.

"What's the matter with you?" Taylor said.

"Maya and Kian are here," I said.

"So? You two broke up like four months ago," Shawn said.

"Still love her," I said.

"You need a rebound or at least a chick that'll make you happy again," Taylor said.

"I know you're a player and all but a rebound is not better than a nice girl," Shawn said and Taylor shrugged.

"Well, let's just focus on him loving himself. Isn't that what they say in the chick flicks?" Taylor asked and we all shrugged.

"Sadly, yes it is," Sammi said from the doorway, "And I know someone who needs to be a happy little girl, too. You and Madi can mourn together."

"What's Madi mourning?" Shawn asked her.

"I wish I knew. All I know is its not a guy. I think," Sammi said. She was lying, "We get to make brownies, yay."

"Yippee," I said.

******

Ali Martinez POV

I was walking to the kitchen and the living room was right beside it, so on the way there I saw Tani and Johnson. I slid behind a wall and hid as I watched them.

"So, are you single?" he said.

"Uh, yeah," Tani giggled. She knew nothing about Johnson and Madi's love affair.

"Would you go out with me?" he said. That two-timer. Even though Madi and him weren't really dating.

"Sure. Why not?" Tani said and my mouth dropped open. I could not tell Madi. Wait, I have to, she's my best friend.

"What are you doing?" My beautiful boyfriend, Brent, came up behind me, scaring the crap out of me.

"Shh." I pulled him into the kitchen.

"If you wanted to kiss me, you didn't have to pull me in here," Brent said and I shook my head.

"Brent, this is serious," I said, "Johnson just asked Tani out."

"That's cool. They'll make a cute couple," Brent said.

"Not if Jack has a broke purple nose," I said.

"What?"

"He was supposed to be with Madi," I said and he looked at me, "They were perfect together."

"Obviously not if Jack turned around and asked out Tani," Brent said, "Jack must not feel the same way she does."

"You know nothing about love," I said angrily.

"I do, because I love you. But I do know that Madi was only interested when he was right in her face, not like she ever thought about him constantly, like he did her. She was happy stringing him along," Brent said.

"No," I said, "Madi wasn't ready for anything more than friendship. She was being nice by not just outright saying no."

"Well, that's the problem, huh?" Brent said.

"I have to go tell her."

I ran upstairs and opened up our room where Madi and Mahogany were singing a song while she played her guitar.

"Hey," she smiled. She was in a good mood. Oh no.

"Johnson asked out Tani," I said.

Madi just looked at me and smiled.

"They'd make such a cute couple," Madi said. That was Brent's reaction.

"You're not mad?"

"Neh. If it wasn't meant to be, it wasn't meant to be," Madi said, "Que es lo que es."

"It is what it is, huh?" I translated her for Mahogany and for some reason, I really believed she was alright. Because she was for some unknown reason.

"Are you sleeping with someone?" I asked her and she shook her head.

"I'm still single and don't have friends with benefits," she said, "That was Dakota."

"You've made out with somebody recently," I said and she frowned and shook her head. She was lying to me.

"Who? Are they in this house?" Mahogany said, "Is it Carter?"

"Now, who said I made out with Carter?" Madi said and smiled, "Because whoever did was totally right."

We all did one of those really girly screams as we sat on her bed and got pillows and put them in our laps. I grabbed a stuffed bear from her bed.

"Point out where he touched you, Mrs. Reynolds," I said and she pointed to the bear's mouth, face, hair, back and ass.

"Oh and my hand," Madi said, "He is such a good kisser. But we have to keep this between us, alright? I don't want everyone to know and start judging him and I like Jc and I were judged. It's just between us three, Carter and whomever he told."

"Never tell," Mahogany said and we nodded.