Chapter 8: The Drive

K. Madison POV

"Carter, do me a favor and shut up," I said. He has been talking nonstop about this idea was going to blow up in our faces like the last one.

"This is horrible," Carter said, "And how'd you go from a guilty conscience to badass princess?"

"Whatever works to get my way. I knew you'd fall for a guilty Madison."

"You should be an actress," Carter said, "Brilliant performance. Now did you call her?"

"Yes and she wants us there in the next day, so stop driving like a grandpa and get us there," I said.

"Did you text the directions to the others and told them to wait a couple days?"

"No, dumbass, I told them to go ASAP to Burger King," I said, sarcastically.

It was quiet for a few moments, so I closed my eyes and almost drifted asleep, then he opened his mouth.

"This is kind of romantic actually," Carter said and my eyes flew open, "It's the middle of the night and we're both in this car and the moon is out. Kind of like those fanfics fans write about us that they think we never read."

I stared out the window, refusing to meet his gaze. Somebody kill me. I've repented for my sins. I'm a good Catholic girl. Somebody, anybody please, get me out of this car. I will do the criminal roll out of here.

"Madi?" Carter asked, "You awake? Did I just confess that I still like you to a sleeping girl?"

I let out a fake snore and closed my eyes. That's it, fake it till you make it.

Carter turned on the radio and it was a Little Mix song. And it was Salute one of my fav songs. I had to try to resist singing along or my cover was blown. I didn't sing along. I made the mistake of humming.

"Really, Victoria?" Carter said, "You'd pretend to sleep rather than talk to me."

I turned up the radio, so I wouldn't hear him and he pulled into a gas station and sighed. He got out the car and went into the building.

I'm a horrible person. I know. I could have something like, I have no feelings for you, we should just stay mutual friends. Not looking for a relationship. Just trying to jumpstart my career. And FIND A FRIEND! You know, important things.