𝟥 - to care

I stood happily in front of the theater, tugging at my baby pink crossbody bag and tapping my shoes against the pavement

I stood happily in front of the theater, tugging at my baby pink crossbody bag and tapping my shoes against the pavement. The night air blowing against my exposed skin and sending shivers up my spine; it seemed the longer I stood the colder it got.

I peered to my right, seeing a familiar pink haired friend of mine. He wore a simple green sweater alongside some basic blue jeans, yet somehow he pulled it off. I guess pretty privilege is real.

"Ku! Over here!" I waved a hand up, jumping up and down in an act to get his attention better.

Saiki's eyes glanced up but his expression didn't change, "Stop jumping."

"Wow, not Even a 'hi'? Or maybe 'hello how was your day?'" I playfully spoke as we walked side by side into the theater.

I was pleased to see that it was nearly empty which was a bit weird considering that it was a Saturday night but I digress. We stepped forward and ordered some overpriced food.

"Goddamn, my pockets hurt," I whined, stepping off to the side to wait for our order.

"Well, you're the one who insisted that we buy 3 different types of M&M's," Kusuo said dryly, hands in his pockets now, "I mean, we didn't need peanut butter, brownie, and strawberry M&M's."

"Ku, Listen, when you go to a cinema it's REQUIRED that you buy as much unhealthy things as you can!" I scolded as the woman behind the counter placed our drinks and popcorn down, alongside our candy we had just been bickering about.

"No, it's not-"

"Cmon let's go! We can't miss the commercials!"

And so we both stepped into the big dark theater, scanning the seats for anyone. Alas, it was empty to which I was extremely grateful.

Kusuo led us both up to the very back, high up from the screen. He turned to me, taking the drinks and popcorn out of my arms and allowing me to scoot into the chairs first.

"Wow, you're such a gentleman," I teased, sitting in the seat and allowing him to sit right beside me.

"It's called common decency," He clicked his lips.

"And it's hot-"

"Okay, you're done. Watch the movie."

I couldn't hold back my snickered as I turned back to watch the intro credits to the movie.

Truth be told I never actually wanted to see Pinocchio, it was more so the chance to get to see Kusuo that I was interested in. However, I didn't want to make him uncomfortable with persistent advances and being friends was close enough.

He was a very quiet person. Very blunt and mean at times but I could tell he had a soft spot for his friends... it made em smile.

And then right beside me, as the credits finished, Kusuo choked on his drink, lurching foreword and banging his chest with force.

"Are you okay?" I softly said with worry, touching his back and patting it as he stayed forward, clutching his knees.

"I'm fine," He let out another cough, turning to face me with rosy cheeks, "Sorry I thought I heard something. It scared me."

"Don't apologize It's Fine," I chuckled, still patting his back a s he regained composure.

By the end of the movie, I found my eyes growing heavy. This movie was boring as hell, and the coziness of my sweater made it really hard to stay awake. And right now these chairs felt insanely comfy.

I lulled, dropping my head to the side and unintentionally tapping Kusuo's shoulder before jerking up and away while muttering a sorry.

He watched me curiously as I closed my eyes again and fell asleep in the blink of an eye.

——————

Her head tipped to the side and onto my shoulder, her warmth enveloping my side. And before I could even stop her, I found myself sitting there and her entire body against my side.

She snores softly meanwhile I contemplated my next few steps.

Those thoughts she was having earlier- at the beginning of the movie -about me. They completely caught me off guard. She potentially likes me? After these short two weeks of knowing each other?

To be fair though it was slightly different from Teruhashi. She had said- or rather thought that being friends was enough. Somehow, I felt a smile slip on my lips. It was an odd feeling.

I snapped back out of it once the ending soundtrack played and the official end credits rolled. I collected her items, piling them in her lap and then tossed the trash in a nearby bin.

With the blink of an eye, I had landed is in her bedroom, softly I placed her down onto the bed. It was a nice room, posters and drawings lined the wall. Her soft pink bedsheets fit her personality very well. I couldn't help but admire how much it suited her.

Quickly, I placed her phone and other belongings down onto her dresser and almost as instantly teleported away to my own house.