𝟥𝟫 - 𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗇𝖺𝖽𝗈 𝗐𝖺𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗌

I tapped on the glossy tabletop, anxiously kicking my feet under the table as I impatiently waited for my purple haired friend to show up

I tapped on the glossy tabletop, anxiously kicking my feet under the table as I impatiently waited for my purple haired friend to show up. It was around lunch and the humidity of midday was slowly getting to me; especially since this boba shop, unfortunately, did not not have AC. I felt moist from the air.

The jingle of the door opening alerted me. I turned my head and saw my friend, his glasses shimmering in the pale midday sun and a baggy T-Shirt dangling from his body.

I instantly flashed him a smile and Aren returned the gesture with a wave.

"Hello, stinky," Aren spoke happily as he pulled out a chair and sat down, "You look nice."

I stared down at my outfit, suddenly forgetting what I was wearing, "Thanks. But its kind of hot so I should've worn something cooler."

"I know. It's making me melt," Aren exaggerated as he waved his hand around his face.

I giggled, "So, where have you been, Dude?"

"It hasn't been that long," Aren recalled, "Like two days or so."

"Still, you've kind of been missing. No texts or calls. I haven't even really seen you in school much."

The boy shifted in his seat, "Yeah... I kind of want to talk about that. Yknow, about avoiding you guys..." Aren suddenly grew sullen, his usual humorous atmosphere suddenly turned blue. I wondered why.

"What's up?" I leaned forward with concern.

"I just wanted to tell you," Aren bit his inner cheek nervously, still avoiding eye contact for a minute. I felt a sinking feeling in my chest like something was going to change in this moment. Something I couldn't stop or put a pause on before it was said.

"I like you," He finally looked across the table into my eyes. My mouth opened wide in shock and he cracked a smile at that, "Yeah, I know. Crazy right? Don't worry, I don't plan on doing anything about it."

I felt bad.

Even though it wasn't really my fault.

"Aren-"

"Ah, I know what you'll say," He chuckled, "It's Fine, really. I just wanted to tell you because maybe then I'll finally get over you."

"Let's just get boba now, okay?"

——————

I laid awake in bed with a racing mind. I get like I was living life dangerously knowing Aren's Little crush on me. My mind kept going back to that moment when he confessed. He didn't look like himself... he looked so small and vulnerable. It made me a little sad.

I can't return his feelings, all I saw when I looked at him was a friend. Besides, I already had a boyfriend I loved dearly.

I did not in the slightest expect a confession from this boy today. Not in a million years.

And then I thought back to Saiki. How would he react? Does he already know? He must since he is a fucking psychic. Which is just crazy. Like every time I think about that fact I just sit in disbelief for a few minutes.

Saiki definitely knew. Maybe... maybe that's why he snapped the other day? Not only was it Teruhashi's thoughts that we're driving him mad but Aren's as well?

I quickly sat up in my sheets, grabbing my phone and opening up my messages.

But then I paused. He would probably be sleeping right now; I closed the contact just as instantly as I had opened it.

NEW MESSAGE FROM KUKU!

NEW MESSAGE FROM AREN BADDIE GANG!

What the hell. God is testing me.

I completely threw my phone across my bed, not wanting to waste my few brain cells on this topic any longer.

It's like they knew I was was thinking about them. Saiki probably really did know that he was on my mind- but then again I didn't really know how far his mind reading capabilities stretched so I turned around in bed again.

How could I move on from this absolute bombshell of news?

Aren has removed the curse from himself and placed it on me. I angrily cursed him in my head. And Saiki knew. He burdened himself with that thought and Teruhashi's as well. Which I still couldn't get over. That girl was obsessed And it showed more And more everyday.

I always wondered why she was so desperate for the boys affection.

NEW MESSAGE FROM KUKU!

I let out a loud and long groan in annoyance. I must have main character syndrome because what the fuck are the odds?

I slowly got up from bed, left my room and went downstairs into my kitchen. It was serene compared to my head; the atmosphere of the night calmed me a little.

I made a cup of water, drinking it in two big gulps.

I am calm. I am chill. I opened my fridge, taking out a big tub of ice cream and began to eat my sorrows away. Healthy? No. Yummy? Yes.

I slumped against the fridge, letting the cold touch of it's metal send shivers down my neck and spine. It was honestly really comforting Even If You wouldn't expect it to be. And slowly my problems seemed smaller and smaller with every minute passing by.

Until I heard the soft ping of my phone alerting me of another message through my thin house walls.