𝟣𝟫 - 𝖼𝗂𝗋𝖼𝗎𝗆𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾𝗌

I looked down at the disheveled boy, eyes wide in both shock and immense embarrassment

I looked down at the disheveled boy, eyes wide in both shock and immense embarrassment. Of course, just as something important- maybe even life changing -was happening to me I would trip and fall right on top of him.

I could feel the blush rise in my cheeks but I couldn't find it within myself to move.

"You like me?"

"Sadly." He bit his inner cheek, eyes lingering off to the side. He laid back on his elbows unmoving as I simply stared in confusion.

"You like me." I was saying it more to myself, as if I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing. Maybe saying it again would help me process it better, "You... like me."

"Are you gonna keep repeating it?" He asked in annoyance, "Are you just rubbing it in my face now?"

"Totally," I rolled my eyes, scooting off of his torso and landing on my butt beside him. Kusuo readjusted his body, sitting up off of his elbows and anxiously looking my way.

"So you're not a mind reader?"

Silence.

"What's with the face?"

"What face?" He jerked his head away, "There's no face."

"I'm clumsy but I'm not stupid." I rolled my eyes for what felt like the hundredth time already.

"Are you sure about that?" He commented with an eye roll.

"Hey didn't you just confess your feelings to me?" I narrowed my eyes, "Should you really be calling me stupid right now?"

Silence.

We sat on that sidewalk for what felt long but couldn't have been longer than 2 minutes. The midnight wind of the starry night amidst the soft noise of tree branches was the only sound in those moments.

And then I had finally processed what had just happened between us.

"You're only now realizing this?" Kusuo spoke suddenly out of the blue. He propped his head up with his hands, eyes barring knives into my soul.

"You're a mind reader," I gawked.

"What-"

"Oh my god! What am I thinking right now?!" I sat up on the edges of my knees, staring down at the boy while grabbing his shoulders.

"Ew- Why would you even imagine that?" He turned his head in disgust. I gasped. He had heard everything in my head all this time. And along all those other times I'd joked about him being able to read my mind... all the times I'd teased him and speculated. I was right.

"Ew?! Fuck you," I sat back down on my butt, rethinking about everything. So much to unpack.

Saiki Kusuo, the boy I'd been secretly crushing on all this time, had a crush on me; and, he was able to hear my thoughts. What else?

"I can hear everything, yknow?" He turned his head my way.

"How?"

"I don't know," He turned back away, "Just do."

"So this whole time... you knew I had a crush on you?" I asked nervously, tugging at the end of my sleeve.

"Yeah," He chuckled in almost an unrecognizable laugh, "And I knew about all those times you spent daydreaming in class. About-"

"Oh my god, shut up!" I hid my face in my palms.

"Besides, you're just easy to read besides all that."

"Gee, thanks," I rolled my eyes.

I felt a warm hand tap mine, quickly pressing into the pavement below our bodies. Turning my head, I saw the boy shyly glance away but his hand remained timidly on mine.

And as another gust of wind reached the two of us I felt my body freeze.

I was holding hands with a boy. The boy.

"I cant believe you're a psychic," I mumbled, grabbing his hand completely and rambling, "This is so crazy. Maybe I'm crazy and I'm imagining all of this right now- or maybe you're crazy and you're just lying to me. Hmph, can you imagine that?"

"Cmon, let's get you home," He stood up, Hand kindly dragging me upward to follow him, "I think you're having delusions from lack of sleep."

"Well that's just mean!"