𝟣𝟪 - 𝗆𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎

The rest of the night was as confusing as Saiki's and my interaction had been

The rest of the night was as confusing as Saiki's and my interaction had been. Kaido and I spent the last two hours chasing around anyone we thought would even mildly enjoy our booth services. Aren disappeared, as he stated he would, which kinda ticked me off but I didn't take it to heart. Meanwhile, Nendo and Saiki stayed holed up in the classroom together.

Saiki hadn't said another word to me after we got some food. That was it. There was no further interaction; however, it seemed the silence spoke volumes.

Why was he being so weird?

And then I thought back to how when I was thinking about him- the feelings I had deep buried in my head for him -he seemed distant. As much as it was a joke to me, now it was started to seem like a reality.

I may be jumping to conclusions but... could it be possible that he could really hear my thoughts?

Kaido laughed beside me, snapping me back into reality, "This takoyaki is so good! Did you try yours?" He looked to me.

"Ah, yeah, it's pretty good," I smiled, nibbling on the small little ball. It was good but I was distracted. I looked across the small little table that was once used in our booth activities, where Saiki had read the fortunes of random classmates.

The room was now brightly lit as we all sat around the table and ate the food we bought for ourselves.

Saiki sat there, silently picking at his food, eyes low as if he didn't even want to risk making eye contact with me.

And that made me feel small. Like a nuisance.

I was starting to feel less and less hungry the more I got lost in thought, "I think I should get going now." I looked at my phone time. 11:55 p.m.

"What? Why? Are you okay?" Aren spoke worriedly as I began to collect my things, standing up as well.

"Don't worry about me! I'm fine!"

"You look a little pale," Kaido cocked his head, cheeks stuffed full of takoyaki. Saiki's eyes finally flitted upward to mine.

"I think I'm staying up too late," I chuckled awkwardly, "I should go home. I'm so tired."

"Want me to walk you home?" Aren began to get up but I persisted.

"No! Don't worry about me! Seriously!"

Nendo furrowed his brows, "Okay but are you sure?"

"Yeah, bye guys!"

I walked out of the school, clutching tightly onto my crossbody bag. The only noise was the soft midnight wind alongside the jingle of my bag keychains. I continued with my thoughts.

I wonder what I did to make him uncomfortable... I thought about how I would approach him on Monday at school, once I'd finally worked up the courage to. Although, maybe my pride wouldn't let me do that.

"Let me take you home," A familiar voice came from behind me. As I turned I stood only more confused.

"Huh? What are you doing? Go back!" I shooed my hands toward the pink haired boy.

"You can't walk alone at night," He only calmly approached my side, eyeing me, "There's creeps out here."

"Gee, my hero," I mumbled sarcastically.

Silence for the first two minutes of walking. That same jingle of my bag and the cold air of the night. I looked at the boy through the side of my eye, carefully analyzing his features and body language.

He stayed as still as possible as he walked, head forward and eyes narrowed. I could tell he was lost in thought just as much as I was.

"You're weird, you know?"

"What?" He glanced my way.

"You're weird," I repeated. "It really feels like you can read my mind."

"No one can read minds," He said sternly, his eyes back ahead of us.

"And why do you wear those weird glasses?" I pursued with caution but also boldness. A mixture of the two, "And those clippy things."

"Style. Fashion."

"You're the least fashionable person I know," I fixed my shirt.

"I can be fashionable if I wanted to," He groaned, "I just choose not to."

"If that's true than that's just sad-"

"Yknow you're very opinionated for someone who dresses like an equestrian girl doll," He retorted.

"You say that like it's an insult!"

"You-"

I stopped walking, trying my best to control the urge to just scream, "You have a secret! I know it! Even if it's not reading my mind- or- or fortune telling! There is something you're hiding! You think I didn't notice the silent treatment you were giving me earlier? What did I do? What's going on?"

And now we were both stopped in the middle of the barren sidewalk. My hands beginning to wrap into fists and my face suddenly burning red.

Kusuo stepped forward, stopping just inches from my body, we were nearly touching. His head hung to look down on me, his eyes furrowed and mouth in some sort of scowl. But that's when I saw his mouth soften with a twitch.

I was right there was something he was hiding.

"You wanna know? You so desperately want to know what's wrong? What's been bothering me? Hm?" Kusuo's breath was hot against my face as he stood still.

"Yes! I really do!" I spat back.

"You! That's what's wrong! I've never really understood the point of crushes or what the point of dating was- until I met your dumbass! You are insanely annoying and you're loud and I can't stand you sometimes! But now all I think about is you! Your stupidly annoying face and voice!"

I was... shocked. Was that a confession?

"Ku-" I stepped forward but magically, by some magnificent accident, stumbled on a rock, tripping and falling directly on top of the boys torso.

"Shit! You're so clumsy!"