𝟦𝟣 - 𝖺 𝗀𝗂𝗋𝗅 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖺 𝖻𝗈𝗒

"Aren! Come here!!"

"Aren! Come here!!"

Aren, with his hands in his pockets, approached my side from the ordering counter. He squinted his eyes and bent toward what I was pointing at.

The giant poster on the wall, secured by a glass frame that tightly bolted it to the wall. On the poster were numerous limited edition Sanrio keychains. Including every character I'd recently gained an obsession over.

But I then realized they came with the happy meal and I had to order one to actually get it.

I turned around, eyes wide realizing this fact, staring up at the taller boy.

"What?" Aren quickly turned his head away, quick to place a hand over his nose and cheeks.

I cocked my head and looked back at the cute wall endorsement, "We have to get some! One for each of us! Me, you, Ku, Kai, and Nendo!" Aren turned his head back my way and gave me an exasperated look, but ultimately went to stand back im the line he'd just come from. 

Aren's purple hair glistened under the artificial light from above. It looked extra luxurious. And his glasses were low on his nose, his brown irises looking above the frames directly at my awkward figure as I stood in the corner by the poster.

I turned back, realizing I was staring, and began to trace my finger over the poster board.

A few minutes passed And Aren returned to my side, his arms wide with five separate kids meals. Aren struggled as he stepped closer to my side.

I offered a hand, carefully grabbing two from the boy and watching as he readjusted his body, "Yay! Thank you so much! I'll pay you back, I promise!" I clapped my hands while holding the two warm boxes of food.

Aren waved one hand, holding the other three boxes in the other, "Don't bother. You've been buying me boba nonstop these past few weeks. I might as well do something to repay you."

With that I skipped ahead to his car, anxiously waiting for him to open the doors with his key.

We got inside, quietly fixating the boxes in the seats behind us, making sure they wouldn't fall while we drove around.

I thought about going back to school then quickly realized I'd already missed the first half of my 5th period. So, whats even the point of going back? One day of skipping class couldn't hurt my grades much anyway.

Aren pulled out of the McDonalds parking lot, turning onto the main highway just as quickly.

The light tunes of the radio drowned out the slightly awkward silence. I swiftly glanced at Aren through my lashes; taking note of how he gripped the wheel the way his baggy sweater hung loosely. I remembered his confession- it felt like it was ages ago -but in reality it was yesterday.

"So about what you said the other day," I ran a hand nervously through my hair, shutting off his radio with the other.

Aren switched lanes, quietly tapping his fingers on the wheel, "You don't have to do this-"