𝟥𝟣 - 𝖺 𝗉𝖾𝗋𝖿𝖾𝖼𝗍 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀

Everyone says the hardest part about loving someone is the constant fear of losing them; you've never really loved anyone if you don't halt at the thought of losing them

Everyone says the hardest part about loving someone is the constant fear of losing them; you've never really loved anyone if you don't halt at the thought of losing them. Especially a lover, someone you've longed to be with.

But personally I feel that meeting their parents is the hardest part of loving someone.

I peeked over at Kusuo, who sat dully beside me in the dining room, wondering if he was freaking out just as bad as I was. I knew he knew how badly I was losing it, in fact, he was probably laughing at me on the inside. Bitch.

"Shut up, stop freaking out."

I stopped, frozen from the voice. It was my boyfriends, his very familiar voice... in my head? Maybe I really am suffering from delusions.

"I'm sending you my thoughts. Why is your first reaction to just accept the fact that you're crazy?"

I looked at the boy who stared at me with confusion. I simply shrugged before giving him a wide smile, assuring him that it's nothing and that I was fine.

And once more the voice in my head, or rather his voice in my head soothed me again, "You're fine. My mom is the least threatening person I know... she's like a mouse."

And just as his calm voice stopped, his mother entered the room, hands preoccupied with a glass vase full of tulips that glistened from dew. She gave me a warm smile, placing the vase just on the table in front of me and clasped her pale hands together again.

"Hello, Y/n! Kusuo has told me a lot about you!" Her voice was nice and soft. It completely matched her appearance.

I quickly stood up and did a much needed bow to show my respect.

"No, it's so nice to meet you," I smiled politely, "Thank you so much for having me!"

"Nonsense," The woman glanced at her son, "Kusuo, stand up. Don't be rude."

He groaned with a low mumble, "Why bother..."

She swatted his arm, "She's our guest!"

"Oh- Miss Saiki, you don't have to-"

She clicked her tongue, shushing me quickly while grabbing my arm, "You're a sweet girl. My son is very rude so don't be afraid to slap him if he's ever mean to you!" She sent me a polite smile and then a quick glare to her son.

Saiki just rolled his eyes and sat back down.

"My husband will be home soon! For now let's chat, shall we?"

——————

"And that's how I got my hand stuck in a meat grinder for two hours!" Miss Saiki smiled delightfully despite the very... odd and concerning story. I nodded with a smile before flashing my eyes to Saiki in confusion.

"Mom... you're freaking Y/n out."

"Oh- so sorry dear! I ramble sometimes," she chuckled.

All of our eyes flashed to the door when we heard it open and click close. A loud groan and the sound of footsteps clicking on wood came about, followed by the appearance of a man who looked dead tired.

He slumped against the wall, "Honey! Bring me some tea please!"

Miss Saiki looked horrified. She cleared her throat, quickly alerting the man. He glanced between our three figures with large eyes of realization.

"I told you Kusuo's girlfriend would be joking us for dinner," If this we're an anime a tick mark would appear on the women pretty face.

The man, assuredly my boyfriend father, bent down on his knees and began to apologize with his hands above his brunette hair. I was a but shocked but also a bit amused.

Saiki groaned again, "Jesus Christ... kill me now." I only giggled while leaning into his side.

"We're gonna be just like that one day," I poked his side teasingly.

"Like hell we are," Kusuo eyed me, his arms now crossed. To be honest, he looked like a father with his sweater and collar combo; not to mention, his very dad-like pose. I could already see old man Saiki in the future.

"S-stop imagining that!"

I laughed, clearly amused by the thought, "Why? It's funny!"

"No, it's-"

Miss Saiki clapped her hands, standing beside her husband who was now standing bright eyed beside her. They both looked like a cute couple with their arms around each other like that. You couldn't even tell they were just bickering between each other a minute ago.

Reminds me of something.

"Alright! Let's get the food, shall we?" She continued.

"Finally..." A mutter only I could hear from Kusuo.

" A mutter only I could hear from Kusuo