𝟦𝟥 - 𝖾𝗏𝖾,𝗉𝗌𝗒𝖼𝗁𝖾

𝐑𝐔𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐅𝐋𝐘, 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄that's the way life goes, and fear is instilled when things get too good

that's the way life goes, and fear is instilled when things get too good. Too perfect. Was I afraid of everything falling apart? Yes, but I tried to push that away. But just because I pretended not to hear them doesn't mean the rumors had stopped. If anything they'd gotten louder, clouding my brain at any given moment when I let them be for too long; overtaking my mind until I was hyperventilating with worry.

But that's all in my head. So I take a deep breath, close my eyes, and forget the feeling.

"Choke on dick, you oversized booger," Aren hissed to Nendo, teasing with a smile while sipping on his juice box across the picnic table. Kaido sat beside me, his blue hair blowing cutely in the wind. Saiki was nowhere to be found and when I'd asked him were he'd gone, he simply said "his mother was calling." Which didn't make all that much sense to me because his phone wasn't ringing, but then again he was a psychic so not much made sense to me.

Nendo bent forward, throwing a gummy at the purple haired boy with a threatening finger. The red gummy landed at Aren's forehead, falling to the grassy floor of the school courtyard while Aren seethed.

"Who hurt you, bro? I'm just tryna have a good time," Nendo argued back, the air falling thin as they both playfully argued about something minute and useless.

The school felt oddly quiet, the air silent as wind blew by. Apart from the boys mindless arguing, I'd heard nothing. So I turned my head, seeing a group of girls whose eyes were all blasted on me. I could feel the burn of their stares, the way their mouths were upturned in disgusting, distorted scowls.

And in the center of them all was Teruhashi, her eyes low and slender as she glared at me.

And I just knew they were talking about me, especially with the way Teruhashi snickered into her slim pale fingers, turning to another girl and giving a conniving giggle that I couldn't quite hear. But I saw it, and suddenly I felt extremely self conscious.

Where was Saiki when I needed him?

And that's when I saw him. He walked alone, brushing past the group of girls mindlessly. Of course, Teruhashi clung to him, but he narrowed his eyes and swatted her off, a bit more aggressively than he normally would. A small part of me wondered why he looked so... upset. Distant, cold. And though he wasn't even looking my way, a small part of me felt like it was because of me.

"You asshole. This is why your dad is dead-"

"Yo? Do you want to fight?" The chaos of Nendo and Aren's screaming rung through my ears but it went in one and out the other. I didn't even comprehend what they'd yelled, it seemed like everything was in slow motion.

Saiki sauntered past the group, mouthing something to Teruhashi before turning his eyes to me, unchanging hollow expression. I felt my eyes go wide, unblinking and frozen. He didn't pause his movements, continuing to walk down the hall and around the corner as if he hadn't even seen me. And suddenly I felt a bit sad. But I held my pride, brushing it off and turning back to Aren who was now arm wrestling Nendo and somehow winning.

"What are they doing?" I asked Kaido, whispering in his ear while pointing at the loud, chaotic duo.

Kaido looked up from his hands, worry etched on his soft features as he stared at me.

"I don't know why they're fighting but I do know that Aren said something about Nendo's dead dad and now they're arm wrestling. Y'know, like real men." Kaido mocked with a snarky grin, his remark going unheard by everyone else though he said it relatively loud.

"You won't win, mohawk!" Aren snarled, an unruly amount of anger seeping through his words.

"You can bet your ass I will!"

I rolled my eyes, turning my head to where I'd seen Saiki run off, and suddenly a small twinge of regret twisted at my stomach.

Where had he gone?

KUSUO ❤︎︎

hottie420
hey stinky you missed lunch
call me later <3

kusuo ❤︎︎
I'm busy

hottie420
Are you mad at me?
I get the sense that you're angry?

kusuo ❤︎︎
nope

hottie420
Okay can you just communicate
I know you can read my mind and all
But I still need to hear you say something
You were literally the one who said
that before so what's your deal?

kusuo ❤︎︎
I said im not mad
leave it alone

hottie420
Fine but I can literally smell the anger
coming from you 😕
so if you want to talk just talk

kusuo ❤︎︎
maybe you should be the one talking
not me.

hottie420
???

kusuo ❤︎︎
I don't want to talk about this
right now, I'm going to bed
can't call tonight sorry

hottie420
Fine
Im Right here if you want to talk tho

kusuo ❤︎︎
bye

kusuo ❤︎︎ bye