1

Inaya Fae Vesper

"Hey girl, I've just wanted to check in per usual." Leilani my best fiend said as she sat down at the chair infront of me and chewed on her donut.

we've been best fiends since middle school. When I got bullied from being the blackest and having the quote on quote nappy hair Leilani would always have my back.

She was always the popular one because she had the blonde hair, blue eyes and the perfect figure but Leilani didn't care about popularity.

Every single day she would refuse to sit with the popular kids and would sit with me as I would sit alone eating my lunch.

That's how we became friends. Her approaching me to see if I was okay when some white boys tossed my lunch all over the floor.

"I'm doing great, happy that my dream became true." I beamed a smile as I leaned my elbows on my marble desk.

"I told you, you would have your dream one day. You have the spirt and energy." Leilani smiled and offered me a birthday cake cupcakes that were for me but she had to eat some.

"I thought these were mine? I should be offering you some!" I playfully joked making her laugh.

"Okay but like who drove their and bought them. I had to treat myself, gas money is way to high nowadays. I deserved it." Leilani arched her eyebrow and then handed me a cupcake and I quickly opened my mouth and took a bite and my eyes widen from how good they were.

She hummed and nodded her head. "Where you get these?" I asked as I covered my mouth as I still chewed from the bomb ass cupcake.

"All the way on Clark street." She muffled out as she ate on her cupcake making me nod my head and write down the place because honestly they were so good.

"So when is this party your throwing?" Leilani asked making me look up at her as I tucked my straighten hair behind me ear.

"When ever my parents, mother I should say text me back about the the decorations because you know she loves to go all out and wanted to volunteer." I shook my head as Leilani laughed.

"Girl, you know I love your mom. Mrs. Vesper." Leilani dragged my mothers last name making me laugh out.

"I've heard my name? Leilani." My mother spoke which startled me and Leilani. "Mrs. Vesper!" Leilani quickly got up and tightly hugged my mother almost knocking her down.

My mother patted Leilani's back and pulled away with a smile on her face. "Still the same." My mother said as she held onto Leilani's shoulders.

"So are you. You don't age at all Mrs. Vesper." Leilani smiled making my mother throw her head back in laughter.

Leilani stepped away as my mother approached me making me stand up and hug my mother. "Hi my baby." My mother whispered and swayed us back and forth.

"Hi mommy, I've been texting you and you haven't been responding." I pulled away from the hug as I looked at my mother.

Her salt and pepper hair, her slim figure. Her brown eyes that mirrored mine, dark complexion.

I was my mothers twin.

"Darling you know I don't know how to use this new technology. I've told you and Leilani to teach me!" My mother placed her hand on her hip and gave a small smile making me and Leilani look at eachother and laugh.

"Oh mom. You will learn." I smiled and looked down as my mother leaned on my desk.

"I'm proud of you. Both of you, how far you both have came." My mother said as she looked at me and Leilani making us quickly hug her making my mother squeal out.

"Alright girls, that's enough." My mother giggled out as we hugged her tightly. What would I do without my mother?

We both pulled away at the same time and watched my mother brush off her Ralph Lauren skirt set.

"I've already set up the decorations, I've been did but I couldn't get a hold of you on this damn phone." My mother pulled out the newest iPhone making me sigh and shake my head.

After hours off telling my mother how to set up and to use her iPhone she finally got it.

It was 8pm at night and I was the only one in my building. My mother left first and Leilani left second.

I was totally okay being by myself. I loved my alone time and tried to enjoy every bit of it.

X

Votes, comments, thoughts?

This is just a short first chap!

I wanted to let y'all know a lil about my girl Inaya!