Chapter 2

Queen Mary's cried filled the palace and echoed through its thick walls as she wailed for her daughter.

Princess Kara lay in bed in a heap of sweat. Her entire nightwear was soaked to the core and she felt like the energy had been completely sucked from her muscles. She couldn't lift a finger.

Physicians were called and they consulted but still couldn't find the cause thus not knowing how to cure her. With each second the king grew frustrated and angry.

"Don't tell me you don't know what is wrong with my daughter! I pay you to find out!"he barked and the physician immediately cowered.

" My Leige,I dare not—"he tried to say but the cries of the queen stopped him.

"She is dying he said so please Harold do something,don't let my daughter die like this"Mary bowed in front of the king and the entire royal family stiffened. This was a very unlikely scene for their mother but then again,this was a serious situation.

King Harold was not pleased to see his wife and child is such manner. " Woman,get up,I promise she will be well"he turned to look at Higgins,his steward and narrowed his eyes at him.

"Find a physician who can fix this I don't care where,in the tri kingdom or overseas,just find what I want and if my daughter dies,I will have you and your entire family in the guillotines by sunrise!" He declared and the steward bowed.

"Yes your Majesty!"he saluted then exited.

"So you're saying that princess Kara is unwell?" Diana asked her maid as she sipped the cup of steaming hot tea before her.

"Yes your highness therefore the meeting is cancelled,please do forgive His Majesty for the inconvenience"Diana nodded throwing her a warm smile. The maid immediately bowed and left.

"The princess is knocking on death's door, congratulations"a silky voice said and she saw Jessica,her childhood friend saunter and sat across from her on one of the luxurious couches in her room facing the huge window. Direct sunlight flowed in and Diana basked in it.

"Jessica,you can never enter through the door can you?"Diana asked with an amused smile on her face. The latter shrugged whilst munching on an apple.

"You mustn't sit on talent. I for one did not train in the Isle of Fire to be sipping tea and shaking hands with fake people you guys call nobles"she replied and the smile stretched further on Diana's lips.

"You do know that I trained there too right? Yet I'm still the better fighter between us"she teased and Jessica raised her eyebrows.

"Oh really? You're talking about the past"she said standing up to emphasize her statement.

"The past?" Diana chuckled before quickly turning serious. "Let's have a duel then"Jessica's face lit up.

"You got yourself a deal"the two ladies stood up and immediately invaded the wardrobe looking for something suitable to wear.

After going for the army barracks and requesting permission from Head Knight,the duel of the ladies commenced and the knights watched as the two ladies went blow for blow with each other.

To be frank,the skill they displayed was quite rare even for knights. At first they weren't really sure about giving women—more especially nobility—a chance but they proved them wrong and put them to shame.

Jessica was getting frustrated,Diana could see that. After all this time she still hasn't worked on that flaw. So Diana seized her chance she faked a parry and Jessica fell for it,when she realised,it was too late and Diana had already tripped her and she fell down on her back and the tip of Diana's sword met her throat.