Chapter 19

If Adrian had any doubts about Lucas being Diana's brother,it was confirmed with his soft hazel eyes and midnight locks and then his skills. He smirked when he thought of the Isle of fire. He was sure that's where they got them.

Riding from the city to the very shores of the country was three days and a half at most,including riding without rest. Now they were at a dilapidated inn a few metres away from the shore where the enemy ships were very much visible. " How come you never told me you had a brother?" Adrian suddenly voiced out with curiousity.

Diana had been gazing at the ocean in a train of deep thought when that question popped out of Adrian's mouth. She looked down,"I'm sorry about that,but I do".

"So I've noticed"Adrian gave her a pointed look and she chuckled at the irony of it.

"Lucas is my half brother but we treat each other like literal siblings. His mother died with him at an infant age so my mother raised him"she explained and he nodded. They fell into silence again with Adrian pondering what who was Diana actually? Fortunately,he had a person to find out just that.

They both stood up when they saw Lucas approaching. The young lad had offered to scout for them in the Gau,a nearing village over the hill. He had been gone for a few hours and now back,breathing hard.

"Yeah,there are 5 more ships beyond the curve of the hill. All bearing the banner of the Infernal Empire"a plan was made. Diana and Lucas would stay whilst Adrian went back to the palace and informed his father,the king.

Adrian wasted no time,he packed up his goods on the saddle of his horse and said goodbye to Diana with one last heated kiss that left her swooning for more,then was on his way.

Meanwhile,the siblings also saddled up for Gau. Diana walked back the her room to finish off the last of her packing. She stood rigid against the doorframe as she saw Seokjin seated on the corner of her bed. He also had his classic look on,the straw hat.

Diana smiled as she leaned on the doorframe. " You didn't tell me you were planning a trip,I would've tagged along"she heard him say.

"Are you ready to tell me who you are?" She asked and she could sense the startled demeanor invade him. She smirked,good.

"Are you that desparate to know?" He whispered.

Diana took tentative steps forward and soon was in front of him. She reached out to touch his straw hat but Seokjin's hand stopped her and a pained expression crossed her features but quickly dissipated. " Who are you?".

"Diana"she answered simply and he shook his head.

"Your house?"

"Allow me to introduce myself"she sarcastically remarked before dropping into a courtesy worthy of Cheng royalty. Okay Diana,moment of truth. "I am Diana of the house of Flamberg, princess of a fallen lineage"she was surprised to see his lips tilt into a smile. He stood up.

"Allow me to introduce myself"he bowed in Cheng traditional fashion,"I am Adrian Seokjin of the house of Wales,a descendant of the royal lineage of Cheng,the Song family"Diana held back her evident gasp but not the look of pure disbelief on her face as Seokjin—correction, Adrian,took off the straw hat and his lovely blue eyes came into view.

"I knew it!" She hissed as she drew back in shock. She couldn't trust him now,he knew who she was,her real self. With pain,she realised he must be eliminated. She drew her sword and attacked him but as expected,he drew out his own sword and blocked the blow. He rose against his knee and their swords locked.

"Why are you attacking?" His face seemed hurt,he was hurt. All this time he had been figuring who this alluring girl was and though he had an inkling to that piece of information he didn't want to believe it. He didn't want to believe there was a chance that the sole heir—real heir of the Flambergs was still alive.