Chapter 13

Of all interesting conversations Diana had ever stumbled upon in her life,the one involving Alexander of Diadera took the cup. Her ears were on high alert as he stood inside the study,discussing his plans with his deputy whom she acknowledged as Oliver.

"They're planning to override Imperial city starting by the small farming village near the Highlands. Then escalate the matter steady but surely"he explained as he pointed to various places on the map.

"Any time now Lucas"she muttered under her breath in her hidden space beside the wall and as if summoned,Lucas waltzed inside their chambers without so much as a knock.

He was in his Cheng traditional wear guise,of course as one of their princes.

"Gentlemen"he greeted with a slight bow of his head before walking to their tables and analysing them. " That's a very smart move for Diadera because Harold is too busy with dignitaries to notice it"by now Alexander had his hand on the hilt of the sword at his waist.

"Oh no no"Lucas said with a smirk as he raised his hands. "You don't want to kill me"he reminded and this statement propelled Alexander to raise his eyebrow in question.

"And what would stop me?" He fired back, defiant.

"You wouldn't want anything to derail your progress now would you?" Diana finally stepped out of her hiding place and sauntered towards them calmly. " I have enough evidence to alert the king about your father's and your plans"she threatened and at once,the men drew their swords and Diana chuckled without a tinge of humour.

She quickly sobered up before scowling,her eyes narrowing to slits,"do you think we're foolish to come here without back up? How condescending" as she spat her last word, armed people in black lept from the shadows. Their gleaming swords drawn and they flanked the entities in the room.

"I just love it when a good plan comes together"she said, contentment dripping from her voice. Her hand trailed the mahogany surface of the large desk. " If you're not fools,which I know you are,you will see this situation with my perspective"she says confidently and Alexander again raised an eyebrow.

"A royal princess,the wife of the third prince at that"he chuckled, seemingly amused. " Who would have thought?"he folded his arms over his chest and looked at her in challenge.

"My identity has nothing to do with what we're discussing here. If you think you will use it as a trump card,you best forget because I will skin you alive before feeding your beating heart to your mother"she said calmly with a light smile on her lips.

"You whore! How dare you—" he rushed forward but was flanked with the men in black who immediately held a sword to his throbbing vein in the neck in threat.

Diana took a sword from one of them and confidently stepped forward. Her heels clicking against the floor as she placed the tip of her sword on his chin. She cocked her head sideways, slightly amused. " You know for a knight, you're pretty stupid. Well let me inform you,I am a warrior like you and I dare say not better but in this case,smarter. I don't make idle threats,I am under oath of the code of honour so I am not one to bluff.

Here's how this must work out. You alert the king of your father's plans and work in partnership with him and I'll ensure that he gives you the throne you so desperately desire"she still had not removed her sword from his neck. " Or another way is,I kill you and alert the king of your father's plans,that way I gain more than his trust. Enticing option don't you think Lucas?" Her gaze shifted to her younger brother who grinned at her darkly.

"Tempting to say the least"he nodded and she smiled before bringing her gaze back to Alexander. " So what do you say? And keep in mind that should you try to act smart even in the least,your mother will not live to see another day,I hear she is...quite sickly as of late? Imagine one day you decide to go home,only to find her face flushed pale,her eyes bulged,threatening to come out of their sockets. Bloodshot veins circling the conference of her eyes. Smothered. Should be hard to imagine is it? Because for a queen, that's far to much mercy"she admitted and felt Alexander lunge forward his neck slightly pierced by the tip of the sword thus drawing blood.