Chapter 15

Felix was not stupid. He knew something was wrong. As he gazed at the city in its morning daze from the mini balcony connected to his bedroom,his mind was pondering heavily what went wrong.

By now there should be news at the palace but nothing. He asked the castle steward a thousand times but nothing. Why did he feel like he was being played?

That wretched Diana,he silently cursed as he gripped the railing of the balcony till his knuckles turned white. This was all her fault and he was more than determined to ruin her. No,obliterate her.

He heard a sniff behind him and as a reflex, took the porcelain cup on the small table beside him and threw it across the room and Hannah gasped.

"Shut up,you've been at it for hours,I'm trying to think!" He growled as he clicked his tongue in impatience before returning his gaze to the city. Maybe it did work,well there was one way of knowing: seeing Diana.

"Where have you been?" Angelica asked Sebastian the minute the latter entered his chambers. He cocked an eyebrow at her in surprise mingled with irritation. He just came from a long gruelling meeting with his father which took most of the night only for him to come back to a nagging fiancee. He couldn't hate Adrian more for taking Diana away.

"Pardon?" He asked and his eyes followed Angelica as she stood up. She was still in a nightwear but her face and hair were elaborately organised. Her fair skin glowed as she batted her emerald eyes at him.

"Where were you? I waited you know"the manner and the tone Angelica used did nothing to soothe Sebastian if not the opposite.

Sebastian stalked towards her. " You are but a simple fiancee,I am the crown prince"he whispered to her before retracting and giving her a threatening look. " Don't forget that"he wagged a finger before disappearing into the bathing chamber.

                                  #

Diana lifted her red robe as she entered the conference room. Few nobles were present meaning she was early. She held onto Adrian's arm just for formality even though she knew Adrian was worried for her of which she did try to explain to him not to.

"I have a few obligations to attend so I cannot stay"he whispered to her and she flashed him a genuine smile.

"Then let me not keep you then, go I promise I will be fine"Adrian gave her a sceptical look which made Diana chuckle and place a soft peck on his lips secretly. "I will be fine"she reassured.

"Fine"Adrian grumbled trying to fight a smile. He returned her peck and walked out.

No lesser did he walk out did she feel someone behind her. A certain someone in a straw hat but exchanged everything else for luxurious clothes of Cheng. " Am I never seeing your face?" She asked him as she looked at him from side view.

"You will,in due time"he replied and she cocked an amused eyebrow at him.

"And why not now?" She fired back and watched his expression carefully and like she predicted,she saw his lips fold up at the corners.

"I don't want to confuse you"he replied and she was about to talk more on the subject but unfortunately the king and his sons sauntered into the room. Well first and second sons.

They were all then greeting and then seated with the king at the head of the table,state affairs began.

"Sire,we have encountered problems with the Infernal Empire. They know that we're fortifying alliances with our neighbouring and far kingdoms and so are afraid. They're now disrupting the treaty"a bald man with sharp eyes claimed confidently. He could have easily passed as a citizen of Cheng but his accent belonged to the Imperial Kingdom.