Chapter 5

All colour left Diana's face and she immediately threw herself at his feet muttering apologies and mercy but was stunned when the crown prince kneeled beside her and helped her up.

"I am so sorry your highness I didn't know the horse was yours. The stable girl said the royal horses where separate from the stables I was in"she rambled quickly and Sebastian smiled with a nod.

"You know I respect you"her head jerked to his direction,he was petting the horse,smoothing it's smooth mane. " No one has ever ridden Storm"he chuckled. " Either he runs away when tied to a post or he can even harm them"the corners of Diana's mouth tilted upwards.

"That is a beautiful horse your highness"she remarked truthfully.

"Thank you"he seemed proud at the comment. " Do forgive me for disrupting your tour,to make up for it, I'll show you around myself"he said already bringing the horse to her.

The shocked looks on the soldier's faces could not be missed. Diana was too. " Oh no no no" she quickly said. " I can't possibly be of importance to be guided by you!"immediately she tried to shoot down the suggestion but Sebastian wasn't having any of that.

He shook his head adamantly,"you are royalty yourself and a visiting dignitary,you deserve the highest treatment"he held out his hand and she took it and he helped her climb her horse.

The sun was already preparing to set by the time they arrived back at the palace. Immediately Sebastian got off,he was flanked by Angelica.

"Your highness,you have been away so long,you must be tired,come on inside"she said in a soothing voice as she linked his arm with his. Diana got off her horse and walked to the duo.

She bowed,"Angelica,crown prince,I will take my leave. I thank his highness for extending the courtesy of touring the kingdom with me"Sebastian nodded and gently but firmly removed his hand from Angelica's arm.

"Sorry Princess but I need to attend some things and like you said,I need some rest"with that said,he bowed one last time and disappeared out of sight.

"Angelica"she purred slightly. She leaned closer to the other's ear. Her cheeks against each other. One would think they're gossiping like courtiers do but that was not the case.

Angelica shivered as she heard Diana's voice in her ears. She had a feeling she wouldn't like what the royal would say. "The little stunt you pulled earlier..."Diana drew it out as long as possible which only caused her fear to skyrocket.

"Unfortunately didn't work. Let me tell you what I told the other prince, you're no match for me"she refracted and held Angelica's arms with a smile which another might mistake for being genuine but Angelica knew it was not.

"Oh and also,watch your back"Diana winked,patted her back and walked away. Angelica watched her retreating back and fear was replaced by anger. She clenched her fists until she could feel her nails digging into the soft skin of her palm. She walked off.

"So you are saying she threatened you?!" Gabriella asked, incredulous. Gabriella was her older sister. She was married to the second prince of Diadera,one of the tri kingdoms.

"She did more than that Ella"Angelica replied as she paced the mahogany floors of her suite.

"She cannot do that"Gabriella gripped the armchair of her seat in indignity.

"And she cannot have Sebastian. He is mine,Ella do you understand that? She cannot have him"Gabriella nodded curtly.

"Of course he is yours and we need to deal with her. Plus we're now a duo,two is better than one"she winked and the smirk on Angelica's face widened.