Chapter 24

Diana walked disoriented in the palace hallways,to say she was struggling with a plan on how to take the entire royal family out was an understatement. Even as she walked with the second glass of milk in her hand,her brain absolutely refused to cooperate.

She lightly frowned when she saw light inside the room a few paces from her, the door was open,the light therefore creating a shadow in the hallway.

As she neared,she heard voices but brushed it away and was about to pass when something interesting caught her ear.

"So Lord Fei, you're certain the Infernal Empire won't talk?" The voice belonged to the king,her eyes grew wide as she rotated so her back came into contact with the wall. The milk glass still in her hand.

"Yes My Liege,I assure you,they won't"for Diana's liking,she didn't like the assurance in the general's voice. It boasted too much assurance like he actually knew what he was talking about. That wasn't good.

"And why should I actually take your word for it?" The king questioned with a sharpness in his voice. The sharpness that reminded Diana just how cruel lion of a man he was.

"Well My Liege,for starters,the Infernal Empire doesn't have their military seal with them. Their princess Jessica told me this herself!" He boasted and Diana's heart flipped violently in her chest as the bolts of shock bombarded her cells. Just who was this man and why was he so resourceful? When did he find out? How? What connection did he have in Infernal royalty?

"That's not possible"the king grunted in disapproval but anyone could sense the pleasure rolling off his tongue. He was pleased,to be frank,who wouldn't be? When they discovered that their kingdom was on the verge of defeating their greatest enemies. Something a first of its kind. After all,his name would be sung in all annals of the empire. For a man like Harold,riches, power and fame seemed quite enticing than the consideration of livelihoods he would be destroying by annexing the Infernal Empire.

"I'm afraid it is My Liege, I swear on my life,I only do not know who holds it now but I know whoever is holding it, doesn't want to bring it back"another grunt from Harold.

"I will let this slip but I want you to make sure no one knows about our conversation or the fact that my lineage started the animosity between these two kingdoms"Diana didn't know when she had gone numb till she heard the glass hit the floor and break into a million pieces.

"What's that?" The two men said in unison as the dreaded sound of scraping chairs was heard. Diana's eyes grew wide with panic and her mind working beyond its possible limit to try and scrape a way out of her current predicament. If she was ever found outside the chambers by these two men,her plans along with her life could be over.

She took a hushed step back and slightly cursed when her flats made a slight sound on the marble floors. The door slightly creaked and a shadow loomed in the doorway. Her breath hitched in her throat as she saw that there was no way she could get out without being spotted.

Her lips slightly patted but no sound came out when she felt a hand wrap around her waist and pulled her away into the dark recess of another room which she wasn't even aware of it's existence.

She lightly smiled when she gazed at Adrian's silhouette and though she couldn't clearly decipher his facial expressions,she knew he was smiling. "Already having fun without me? I'm hurt"he playfully jested before wounding his arm around her waist and pulling her closer to him.

"Where did you come from?"

"A thank you would suffice"he says,his voice husky against her skin,sending hot needles up her spine.

"Thank you"she stuttered,shivering.

"Just for clarity,I was right behind you just a little further but still in earshot"he pecked her rosy lips. "And when you broke the glass,I rescued you like a good lover should"he kissed her again. "And now, I've sent a scout to the Infernal Empire ships"again. "They should be getting back to us by Tommorow noon".