Chapter 3

" Your highness,the king has asked you to join them for dinner"the servant informed Diana and Jessica raised her eyebrows.

"Dinner?" She echoed and Diana stood up,smoothing her skirts and strutted forward,toward the girl.

"I will be there,do thank His Majesty for the invitation,it is an honour"the servant nodded and with a bow, left.

The dinner was just an hour away and much preparations had to be made for Diana. She washed in jasmine flowers in her bath water. Rose combed her black locks into a tight bun with ringlets falling at the side. A light touch of makeup and a spritz of perfume. She wore her royal blue gown showing just little cleavage. A few bangles and her royal rings and a beautiful diamond necklace sat at the base of her neck.

The intricate piece featured a chain of smaller gems which eventually became a beautiful diamond in the centre.

She was ready.

The dining hall was fully prepared for the dinner and the table was laden with food and rich golden cutlery.

In Diana's opinion,Harold liked to splash money around but in the end,they wanted to live the lives of kings and now they got it.

After formal greetings,they sat down at the table and dinner began. The king of course sat at the head of the table with his queen on his left and the crown prince Sebastian on his right. Across of Diana's seat beside the crown prince was Felix who looked at her with an inconcieble look.

She didn't like the prince's face. Sure he was handsome and all but Diana couldn't help but feel the sinister side of him underneath those layers of posh and royalty. That scared her,she didn't like a person who was like her. A person who didn't mind fighting dirty.

All's fair in love and war,her royal tutor once said and he was immediately fired. Her father believed in peace and reconciliation. Look at where that got him now.

The king cleared his throat to speak and immediately she subtly ceased eating and looked at him.

"I'd like to thank you once again for saving my daughter's life"and I can take it. She smirked what looked like an innocent smile to others.

"Your Majesty,it was the least I could do to fortify the alliances we hope to make"she replied and the king nodded, pleased that someone could see his narrative. So little did he know.

"So Princess Diana,which skills or other skills have you acquired?"the queen asked and the entire table went quiet. The others tensed and the king glared at his wife. Diana didn't seem bothered.

"Besides being a physician though I'm still learning,I have mastered calligraphy,music and arts—"

"Swords"the second prince Felix said.

"Pardon?" Queen Mary looked at her son sternly. Silently reprimanding him and also reminding him of the rules of etiquette which he just broke by disrupting Diana.

"She's also good with the sword,you can ask my older brother here for references"Felix smirked at Sebastian who immediately flushed pale right next to Diana who was looking at Felix. Sizing him up to see his worth in her cause.

"What is he talking about?" Adrian looked at his older brother with a confused look on his face,so were other members. Sebastian didn't dare speak.

"Brother here,the crown prince,was beaten by Diana in a duel just a few hours ago"Felix's smirk broadened as he stated that.

"Ah yes prince Felix is correct. I am good with a sword and yes,I did best the crown prince in a duel"she said and took a sip of her goblet.

The queen laughed nervously to ease the tension in the room which was mostly created by Sebastian glaring at Felix. " Cultures are not the same am I correct? Maybe we should also consider women joining the royal army here"she waved her hand dismissively.