Chapter 20

"Okay since you're not alerting your father,we need a new plan" Diana said as she sheathed her sword in the late afternoon. Their trip to the hidden ships may have taken a detour but it was still on.

"I'm going with you?" Adrian gave her pointed look and she was about to give him a harsh calling when she detected something move from the far closet. She walked to Adrian and engulfed him in a hot kiss,the latter stood frozen against her,confused but she just wound her arms around his neck and pushed him to the closet.

Of course Adrian,being the sneaky bastard he was,reciprocated the kiss in a heartbeat. His own hand wrapping around her waist and pulling her closer to himself. Diana smiled against the kiss. Her left hand went to his sheath and slowly but steadily, unsheathed his sword and just in the nick of time because the shadow suddenly lept out of the open closet,aimed right for them.

Diana threw Adrian aside roughly whilst switching the blade to her right hand and blocked the deadly blow whilst launching an attack of her own. The figure was definitely an assassin,reflexes like no other but Diana knew better. She carefully unsheathed her own sword and weaved the twin blades. The figure was blocked in,with no way of possible escape.

"Who sent you?" Diana questioned harshly before taking a step closer. The figure planned to kick her square in the chest but Diana back sideways but cursed as she saw the figure move stealthily out the window.

She turned her head when she heard a groan and quickly rushed to Adrian who was holding his head. " You could have told me there's an assassin"he said groggily as he tried to stand up. Diana assisted him.

"I'm sorry, survival instincts?" Adrian gave her a playful glare which she chuckled at,amused before something caught the corner of her eye. "Why don't you rest a bit, I'll tidy up and check how's Lucas doing"Adrian nodded as he flounced on the bed and immediately turned over.

Diana neatly arranged everything which might have been knocked out during the fight and also checked and closed the closet. Finally she picked the item on the floor,left by the assassin. She subtly gasped as she held it to the afternoon light to get a better look. It was definitely a token.

Tokens were naturally made in Cheng and traded across the tri kingdoms hence they were made of jade. They were ornately carved to represent symbols of families. Mostly families of the noble class. Sometimes, even an individual person like the token Diana was holding in her hand.

It had the crest of the royal family,a white falcon carrying a shield. On that shield was a small S surrounded by a crown: Prince Sebastian.

Diana's face went numb with shock. The prince? He sent an assassin? To kill whom and for what good reason? She pondered these questions as she descended down the rotten stairs of the inn,the floor beneath her creaking with every violent step.

She found Lucas sitting on the veranda facing the ocean. He stood up immediately he saw her. Annoyance was clearly etched onto his features. " Sister,I've been here for hours! You said you're going to pack,a few things might I add"he huffed a breath as he ran a hand through his hair. " And then you never return until only half a millenium later! Is this what you dragged me across the kingdom for?!" He questioned,the frustration he felt wanting to make him explode as thoughts of Christine bombarded his mind throughout the entire time.

"I'm sorry"Diana said quietly surprising even Lucas whose anger dissipated immediately. " We were attacked"his eyes grew wide before a curious question came to mind.

"We?"

"Adrian"Lucas had much more questions to ask including why was Adrian still here when he presumed was halfway across the country by now but he figured,there were much more issues at hand.