Chapter 22

Angelica looked at herself in the mirror and a smile graced her lips. Her skin shone brilliantly and her hair was tied into a beautiful bun at the back of her head. The white lace of her gown even more mesmerising to the point of casting an angelic look to the girl. Well,truth of the matter was that she was born to be an angel.

As she slipped on the last of her golden jewelry,she heard a rap on the door and frowned,she wasn't expecting anyone. Before she could even give permission,the door flew open and Adrian and Diana barged inside.

Angelica's frown deepened when she analysed what Diana was wearing. It was the same dress as her,the pure white lace bodice,the lace gloves extending themselves all the way to the elbow,the long lace train starting from a pearl pin at the back the of the blonde bun to the floor. Since when were Diana's curls blond? Even the golden jewelry was duplicated! Angelica couldn't be more insulted.

She stepped back,clutching her own necklace as if she feared that by seeing it on Diana,her own would disappear. "What is the meaning of this?!" She demanded as she kept on backing away.

"Listen Angelica we're here to help you"she scoffed, suddenly forgetting her initial behaviour.

"Help me?" She scoffed again,"how are you going to help me when to me...it seems like you want to replace me at the alter"her eyes narrowed to slits as she scrutinized every single aspect of them. " Forget it, he's mine and so is that position. You are not worthy of it"she spat.

Diana rolled her eyes at Adrian as if to say,remind me why I'm helping her again? If it wasn't the dire situation they were in,Adrian might have even chuckled at her expression. "Listen Angelica,we have our differences but we are here on an urgent mission. Franky I don't care what happens to you or my brother but what concerns Diana concerns me"he paused to test her attention.

"Speak"she said,her arm leaning on her dresser and eyebrows raised. To be honest,she posed quite an important aura.

"A few days ago father asked Diana to replace you at the alter,he spoke to mother who stole the very designs of your wedding outfit that's why she's wearing the same dress as you today"Angelica nodded as she gazed at Diana's surreal appearance. She could only nod as she felt tears are the edge of her eyelids,burning her.

She couldn't believe the king,he wanted to replace her? Take away her dream to be queen? And for what reason? Did Sebastian know? She suspected so,maybe he was the one who had even canvassed for this entire bridal exchange.

"Did Sebastian know?" She found herself asking,unable to hold it in.

"Yes,he did and he... supported the idea"Diana answered solemnly.

Angelica let out a derisive snort,"of course he did. He wants you doesn't he?" She stated bitterly, slightly glaring at the two,mostly Diana.

"He does but I don't,I have what I need"she linked arms with Adrian and gazed lovingly at him. " Him"she said returning her gaze to Angelica. She envied them, what they had. She knew at court that there was no time or place for ridiculous things like love. Only power was the name of the game. That had been drilled into her by her parents,mostly her mother who had been her mentor and shield. Even though she'd lived by those rules,she couldn't deny that sometimes they felt out of place. That they don't apply to her.

Position of Crown Princess was vital but she couldn't deny that she had feelings for the crown prince and it hurt her to no end that he didn't even notice. Only to lust after what was not even his. Was never his to begin with.

"How can I be sure of what you're saying?" She questioned again and Diana let out a exasperated sigh.

"Don't you see that we want to help you achieve your dreams?! If you don't want to,I'll find another bride for Sebastian but one thing is for sure,I will not marry him"Diana barked,rubbing her temples in frustration. Time was of the essence and the useless questions Angelica was asking were not helping at all if not just test her patience.