Epilogue

"Adrian's gone,Jessica too" Diana told her younger brother as she paced her chambers.

Lucas stood up in alarm,"what? How? Why? When?" He frowned. This wasn't good.

"I don't know,yet all I know is that Felix took them"Diana replied dryly as she quickly gulped down a glass to wine to calm her raw nerves. She didn't know why her body was shaking so much,whether from frustration,anger or worry. Though she did suspect it was the latter.

Emotions have never been wise,lest of all anger and worry,no fruitful results can be achieved in those,her philosophy tutor always said whenever she got into hysterics. He had said it so much that it was drilled into her mind and whenever such emotions arose,the saying never failed to resurface.

Think,think Diana think! She mentally chided herself as she took deep gulps of air in a bid to calm down. It didn't work. It never worked. Not when her nerves were racing faster than a war horse. Running so wild with her imagination she though she would go mad.

What was the worst case scenario? Two dead bodies,was all Diana could think about. Seeing Adrian and Jessica dead,washed up on a shore somewhere,perhaps near the Gau or here in their own shores of the Taruvian Sea.

Diana no doubt believed Felix when he said that he wouldn't hesitate to kill Adrian. She always knew that Felix was way different from the rest. Her blood went cold when she realised that Felix knew that Adrian was Consort Song's child. How long had he known? Exactly how did he know?

Diana rubbed her temples in sheer frustration. She didn't like being kept in the dark. Being clueless at this magnitude of the game and the bar raised so high,it spelled disastrous consequences for Diana. Consequences she was not willing to face because she feared she wasn't strong enough. No,she knew she wasn't strong enough.

"What could he be possibly up to? We need to deal with this. And fast"Lucas mandated but Diana shook her head.

"No Lucas,I can't let you do this. People I love are already in danger,I'm not going to lose my brother as well"she seized him by the shoulder to emphasize her point,maintaining eye contact with him.

"What do you mean by that?" He frowned. "You need me,I'm your brother that's what I was made to do. Plus,I'm not a coward,I won't run away at the first sight of the enemy"he protested,shaking his head.

"Lucas! Listen to me" Diana admonished, immediately silencing him. "I'm your sister and all this—what we're doing now, avenging father—is not much more important than you are. Far from that". She could see Lucas's eyes divert and shift on their sockets,considering what she was saying,the clogs in his mind twisting and turning. Thinking.

"But—"

"Listen to me,I want you—"she began but Lucas cut her off mid sentence.

"I won't leave Diana,I promised mother I would protect you,I can't just leave you vulnerable in this palace"he defended.

"Oh but you will,you will take Chris with you,no one will notice anyways and even if they do,they can't do anything. I want you guys to travel back to the lowlands, fetch mother and go to the safety manor"the safety manor was situated at a secret location in the midst of their enemy kingdom. The Infernal Empire. Diana figured for the dangerous journey ahead,she needed to ensure that the rest of her family members were tucked away from the battle line. Of course,them being the affluent family they are,they owned several properties in several kingdoms but the safest was where Felix wouldn't dare look in: the Infernal Empire.

Lucas's eyes widened at what she was trying to do. "No!" He wretched his arm free from her. "I won't do that,you need me Diana don't you see that?!" He prodded. "I trained in the Isle of Fire—one of the greatest and most secret fighting arts institution in the world meaning I have rare skills. I'm a natural born scout,I track with my eyes closed. Not to mention my fighting skill and battle prowess,survival instincts and well versed in difficult situations. Can be self sufficient when necessary—"Diana chuckled softly,shaking her head lightly at his slight outburst.