(r) you x ryujin : forgetful

published april 9, 2023. 9997 words
1k reads!!!
requested frfr!
au
y/n pov.

I love my girlfriend and I's relationship.

Shin Ryujin and I have been dating for a while. A long, long while. We met at a coffee shop when I needed guidance with my order as it was my first time. We happened to just talk from there. We exchanged numbers.

How? Well, a blunt move from Ryujin; she stuck out her phone, looking away. She "coincidentally" had the option to save a number. I giggled and put it in-just like that! I thought she was a nervous and endearing girl, but I learned she was not someone to be nervous.

She told me why: it's because she thought I was insanely pretty, prettiest girl she ever met, soon after. We texted day and night. We decided to hang out after the plans we made over text. And so she fell in love, love at first sight exactly. She even admitted that it was! I could say I was too, just slowly. When we met, I knew in the back of my head this was it. I had found true love.

We usually never saw each other in person. She had work, I had work. But we met a long time ago, and we see each other weekly. We don't live that far. We are both busy and it just takes some encouragement for one of our lazy asses to get up and drive over there. It's dreadful to deal with, believe me.

But when she tells me I can stay over, I go crazy. And that's not even all of it. When she tells me she loves me, I go berserk. When she compliments me in any way, I get a nosebleed. When she shows me off, I'm beyond thrilled. When she even speaks, I get extremely nervous; a good nervous. She makes me feel butterflies I've never felt before. I'm still trying to get used to it. All she does is laugh at me when she catches me melting at something she does. Fuck, she's so charming, and I now just realized that!

She is like a crush someone is delusional about, except she's my girlfriend!

We are the best, closest (girl)friends ever. She is the foundation of my conception of love. Ryujin treats me like a queen. I treat her as equivalent as that, too, but she does even better: she gets me unexpected gifts for no reason, she compliments me on the regular, and she is just so handsome and hot. She knows exactly what to do and say. She is so kind to me. She's so caring. She always tells me I'm the only person that she has ever loved, ever, in this whole world. She doesn't care about anything or anything else-only us. She tells me I don't need makeup, she tells me she doesn't care about what happens and what I do, even if it's wrong, because as long as I'm with her, everything is all fine, she says.

She makes everything bad go away. Sometimes I have gloomy days and I don't know why most of the time. But she has a little pattern everyday: at times that are just right, she messages me. She knows exactly when-somehow. She is just a magician with an amazing soul that I adore so much. When I get a notification from her, I am overjoyed! Every. Single. Time! I go from being hoarded by nimbus clouds to then going on cloud nine.

Her paragraphs she sends over text, even the love letters over the mail, make my heart skip a beat. The letters are even more special-so much that I have kept a real life folder to keep them stored, and a folder on my phone to keep the screenshots of her texts stored. She is so descriptive and thoughtful with everything. She writes me poems, she brings me flowers. Even on little occasions, like if she comes over, she would get big-ass gift bags!

And she has cringey nicknames for me. She calls me them in public, too! It's really embarrassing, but she doesn't care about anyone else's thoughts, as I mentioned. She seriously doesn't care. She is so blunt to everyone else. A waiter can flirt with me and she'll cut it off saying something like, "She likes girls-meaning me." And then she would just hold my hand tightly, kissing it. They don't even have to flirt with me and she brags about me! She is so overprotective... not that I hate it.