you x ryujin : your care

published august 15, 2023. 4027 words
au
second person pov.

Your girlfriend, Shin Ryujin, has invited you to partake in a hiking trip she arranged for you two. Although she had warned you to be careful of your surroundings, you were beyond thrilled to indulge in your experience to listen to her.

Little did you know that this outing would hold so much emotional significance, bringing you even closer together.

Furthermore, as of right now, you playfully claimed the title of the "fit" one in terms of excitement, a label usually associated with your girlfriend. Despite one of these playful rivalries, it did not dampen the enjoyment of the experience, and she took it all in stride, like usual.

-

"Oh, Ryujin! Ugh! Hurry up! The sun is almost set and we can't see!" you exclaimed, jumping on your feet. You were, in fact, ahead of your lazy girlfriend, so you were urgently encouraging her.

"Oh, stop. Fine, I'm gonna go slower now," she claimed. She indeed paced in slow motion. She took her steps up as slow as a sloth.

You were eager, but your girlfriend was the opposite.

"Freakin' Ryujin. Then whatever, I'm leaving you forever," you cruelly affirmed. You turned your back on your girlfriend, leaving her on her own.

"Hey, hey. I was kidding," your guilty girlfriend informed you. Automatically, she caught up to you to explain, "I'm just sick of you being ahead of me."

Rolling your eyes, you softly sighed, not taking a look at her beside you. You told her the truth, "Well, Ryujinie, you always win at everything else, so..." You folded your arms, disappointed that she would not congratulate you, and instead would give you pity.

Your girlfriend listened with remorse coursing through her and chuckled. "I'm teasing you, (Y/N)," she confirmed. "Now unfold your arms. I wanna hold you," she requested in a whiny tone.

You soundly groaned, but you could not help but giggle just a tiny bit. You followed her invite and freed your arms.

Immediately, your admirable but needy girlfriend took your hand into her large baby-soft one.

You two walked along the brief, enticing path until the next hill. Your destination was near, which fulfilled your rousing emotions.

"Ryujin, look." You pointed to the summit. "That's where we're going." You turned to look at her, but she was already staring at you, which caused your smile to drop.

She was busy analyzing your facial features, intrigued in them.

"Hello? We're almost there!" You nudged her shoulder in an attempt to jolt her out of her daze.

Your girlfriend gave a quick nod. "Yeah, I know, baby. I just think you're..." she checked you out and continued, "hot."

"Shut up..."

"But no one's listening!"

You whined and got a grip on her forearm instead to complain. "You're annoying," you said. You had a cause to retract from your girlfriend, which provoked her.

Ryujin growled. "Hey. You're refusing me right now?" your girlfriend inquired. Her eyebrow shot up, and she looked like a maniac, glaring at you. "Huh?" She was clingy, so she dragged you back.

You whimpered, yet you knew she was joking around. "Oh, no. Scary Ryujin. What shall I do?! I need to let her know that I still love her, or else we'll lose everything," you scarcely muttered to yourself, afraid. You simply went along with the role-play.