(b) ryeji : tender

published june 9, 2023. 8629 words
request what u want rn
yeji pov.

We have a practical tender relationship as fellow group-mates.

But in reality, we're both better than that...

I wonder if it's the same in bed, too.

-

Finally, it was my birthday! But the day had ended so damn quick. I didn't like that part about birthdays at all.

But at least, finally, I'd get gifts and everyone could actually, actually listen to what I had to say. And we could go eat treats and not care! This is a dream that can't happen everyday.

I couldn't have waited for the resolution. My presents, cakes, respect?! Today was absolutely perfect for a number of reasons. I could elaborate all day.

They did give me generous gifts, which was nice. I was ecstatic; like beaming with joy, type of happy. Maybe because I prayed that everyone would get me several gifts. Hehe. Except for one person. Ryujin. My prayers didn't work for her.

"Yeji!" I was jump-scared by Chaeryeong, from behind. I flinched, turning around to see her, but it was too late. Her arms wrapped around my stomach as she hugged me tightly.

Her embrace was comforting as I smiled. "Chaeryeong..." I sort of whined. I touched her smooth forearms, rubbing them.

Chaeryeong swung us around in circles, almost. She was about to kill us! She celebrates, "Happy birthday, unnie." She started giggling, digging her soft nose into my nape.

I hesitated smacking her hand, but I did. "Chaeryeong, stop it... The day's already over," I remind her. I had a sense the other girls were watching us. She was embarrassing us!

I was planning to visit Ryujin. Just real quick. To discuss her malfunction. Of not getting me a gift! I especially hoped that she would get me one, because, after all, she's my best girl. I was disappointed to say the least!

Chaeryeong backs away and pouts. "But Yeji..." she whines. "It's your special day! Who cares?" She pets my cheek softly.

"Well, because, listen! You guys all got me gifts, and I was about to scold Ryujin. She's been in her room all day. She hasn't done anything for me!" I explained. "You just don't get it..." By the look of her face, she, too, seemed shocked.

Chaeryeong gasped in terror. "No, I do get it!" she corrected me. She seemed like she felt bad as well, like if Ryujin did that to her, or anyone, she'd be upset.

I slumped my shoulders and gestured my hands to 'relax'. "Alright, alright!" I let out a distinct sigh as a result of tension from a number of contributors.

"I'm deeply, like, disappointed, so..." I sulked up for a reason. "I'm going to teach Ryujin a lesson. Seriously," I lively said. My confidence was immeasurable, now. This is not a joke!

Chaeryeong cheered me on at the same time I rushed up the stairs. A smile attacked my face. That's how you know she understands me well. That girl always listens attentively, which I enjoy a lot.

I crept through the lowly-lit hallway. God, was there really no one? How late is it? I disregarded the fact that I could barely see and approached her door, on my tippy-toes, of course.

I cracked the door open, just a teeny-tiny bit with a plan to not make noise, and it still creaked... I held in a huff, because once I peered in... and I managed to receive a look because of the dim light the lamp gave, the one shining tall and brave on her nightstand.

But this pale girl was sound asleep! Softly snoring like the purest angel... Aw, so sweet. You know, it made the corners of my lips upturn profoundly, but no, I immediately prevented that. Not right now... It was inappropriate, and I couldn't be acting up like this. But in all honesty, she was precious with ease, from sleeping.