I

Sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʟᴏsᴛ sᴏ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢᴀɪɴᴇᴅ

"Dehya, what's the matter with your colleague? Is he okay?"

"... He's going through a lot right now. A dune collapsed with him and a few people on it during our mission and he... He's the only one to survive."The male of the topic was in a constant daze while Dehya and a certain fox; Tighnari. Dehya explained that it took a lot of convincing to get the male to leave the desert after the accident to get help.
"He's just been like that this entire time and won't eat or drink... He's a best friend to Candace and me, it hurts to see him like this. So please, I'll pay any amount to help him."

"Don't worry Dehya, I'll do it free of charge. If you don't mind him staying in the village during his treatment. He needs a change of scenery until he's better."As the two talk the male wanders, still in a daze at what happened, he has double memories of his death and the death of his book double. It was a mentally taxing experience for him and he couldn't understand how he was alive in the place of his double. M/n trudged around the forest silently, it was surreal to him that the world he read about was real. While M/n absent-minded walked through the forest, Tighnari suddenly noticed that M/n wasn't within view anymore.
"Oh Archons! Where did he go!?"

"Damnit, you take right and I'll go left! We have to find him quickly there's no telling if the Shrooms have moved to the waterfall or not."Dehya strikes out in a panic to find her friend while Tighnari does the same, he runs as fast as he can while skillfully jumping over roots and small animals. He darts straight into the clearing expecting there to be danger but finds nothing but M/n kneeling before the waterfall, soaking wet still in a daze.
"Archons in Celestia! Are you alright, M/n? Does anything hurt or do you feel sick?"

"...."

"Come on, let's get you back to Gandharva ville so you can eat and rest."Tighnari wasn't sure if he should guide the male by hand since he was in such a sensitive condition, so he stood back as M/n stood from his kneeling position but he didn't take a step towards Tighnari.
"Are you going to follow me?"

"...."

"Let's say you said yes. This way please."The fox walked further ahead and only glanced back ever so often to make sure M/n was following and sure enough the wolf was.
I can't trust that this is real...But my drenched clothes say otherwise and yet my mind is too fractured to properly function...
Eventually, the two make it safely to Gandharva ville and Dehya quickly pulls the dazed man into a hug while scolding him lightly and expressing how worried she was. All M/n could do was listen to the woman who held him in a bear hug.
She's damn strong...This kinda hurts now...
Dehya pulled back with a sad smile, she didn't want to leave M/n behind but she knew that M/n would be in good hands for the time being.
"M/n, I'm going to leave you here for a while or until you get better. We should keep you from the sands for a while since you went through a lot and lost a dear friend in the process. So please be good for the people of Gandharva Ville, eat healthy food, and train when you have time...I promise to visit when I have free time and I'll bring you your favorite snacks."

"....."It was the first time that M/n's face contoured just a bit but no words were said. Though it was quite obvious that M/n didn't wish for the woman to leave him behind, Dehya was the first person he saw when waking up in this world, and she was his favorite character in the book but he understood that he'd be a burden to the lioness in his current state.
"I'll see you soon until then, be good."